Jeremy Pied joins on a free (MOD:EDITED)

  • 858 Views
  • Last Post 06 August 2016
Mulletsaint posted this 01 August 2016 - Last edited 02 August 2016

Will post link when confirmed. 

  • Liked by
  • saintbletch
51 Comments
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Saint or sinner posted this 01 August 2016

Just read that. I'll be checking my phone every 2 minutes now.

pap posted this 01 August 2016

Woo.

Peddler? lou_wink2

OldComputerNerd posted this 01 August 2016

Jeremy Pied allegedly

  • Liked by
  • pap
OldComputerNerd posted this 01 August 2016

Yup, just tweeted by SFC

  • Liked by
  • pap
OldComputerNerd posted this 01 August 2016

Free transfer too according to Mr Blackmore

Mulletsaint posted this 01 August 2016

Yeah anti-climax. Could be good but it's not the most exciting signing or position that needed to be filled. Definitely not a string em out late at night Twitter announcement level of excitement anyway. 

Saint or sinner posted this 01 August 2016

Centre back ain't he? 27 and knows the manager. Bye bye José?

Saint or sinner posted this 01 August 2016

Well done Wikipedia. Listed as a saints player already.

Fowllyd posted this 01 August 2016

Originally posted by Saint or sinner

Centre back ain't he? 27 and knows the manager. Bye bye José?

More of a right back according to the Saints site; versatile too apparently. Competition/cover for Cedric and across the back four I guess.

  • Liked by
  • Saint or sinner
Rallyboy posted this 01 August 2016

Is he Michael Foot's son?

Saint or sinner posted this 01 August 2016

Thanks for that. I was worried about losing José and the fact Pied is only 5ft 8in tall.

SuperMikey posted this 01 August 2016

Started as a winger (can play both sides) but converted to a full-back by Puel when he took over at Nice.

Adds versatility to the squad, is a player that the manager knows and gives us more bodies for the EL campaign. Can't complain!

Simon says posted this 01 August 2016

Is he the French Cuco Martina? Just the 2 year contract...doesn't exactly scream "we have confidence in you son" does it. 

We usually look to renew contracts with two years remaining so perhaps they'll announce exciting news later this week that he's signed an extended deal...😏

Oh well. On a positive note that's one more person ahead of Yoshida in the right back pecking order. Yay

 

Fatso posted this 01 August 2016

Although every source seems to be saying he is primarily a RB, this site says he played most of his games as RW (although lists him as a RB)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jeremy-pied/leistungsdaten/spieler/60583

Fatso posted this 01 August 2016

He's even played 3 games as CF. the only positions he hasn't played are LM and CB. 

Bucks posted this 01 August 2016

And Morgan told him we are the tops too.  Sob 

Dubai_Phil posted this 02 August 2016

Originally posted by Fatso

Although every source seems to be saying he is primarily a RB, this site says he played most of his games as RW (although lists him as a RB)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jeremy-pied/leistungsdaten/spieler/60583

 Ah the old Danny Butterfield replacement then.

And does this mean don't really need Lloyd Isgrove?

Dubai_Phil posted this 02 August 2016

Originally posted by Simon says

Is he the French Cuco Martina? Just the 2 year contract...doesn't exactly scream "we have confidence in you son" does it. 

We usually look to renew contracts with two years remaining so perhaps they'll announce exciting news later this week that he's signed an extended deal...😏

Oh well. On a positive note that's one more person ahead of Yoshida in the right back pecking order. Yay

 

 Duh?

Well, obviously we can only give him a 2 year contract.

As it will only take that long for you lot to BREXIT & then you're going to have to throw all the post-vote bloody foreigners out....

saintbletch posted this 02 August 2016 - Last edited 02 August 2016

Well, as wingbacks seem important to Claude's style of play, it sort of  makes some sense,  but I'd worry what it says about Cuco, Cedric, Valery and rest of the youth. 

Claude doesn't seem to play traditional wingers, so he's here as a right back / wingback, so that says to me that we're either losing someone or someone is going to cover the left side. 

PhilippineSaint posted this 02 August 2016

Who is Valery?