Festivals 2018

• Last Post 3 weeks ago
pap posted this 4 weeks ago

So there's no Glastonbury this year.   The moo moos won't be moving, so there'll be no Glasto thread for all the festival posts to fall into.

We've already picked one ourselves.   ms pap agreed to go to Download 2018 while pissed up down at Liverpool's Swan pub, the go-to for the city's rockers.   She regretted it in the morning.   I made her a playlist.  She regrets it every morning now.  Arf.

What are your festival plans, Sotonians?

• Liked by
  • Cobham  Saint
11 Comments
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Cobham Saint posted this 4 weeks ago

Farnham Beerex, same every year, jollyboys day out. They even do jazz (shit). That's just about all my festival going. Been to too many to actually get excited about standing in a field drinking shit expensive booze and eating vegan burgers...each unto their own I guess. Like music, but in small venues these days.

Young Adult and Teenage Mutant booking theirs already obvs.

Barry Sanchez posted this 4 weeks ago

No comment.

dinger posted this 4 weeks ago

My festival of choice, Supernormal, is also not running this year. Will probably go to Le Guess Who again cos it was great last year.

But I'm in the market for another domestic one. Small-scale hopefully, and eclectic. Will take recommendations.

Intiniki posted this 4 weeks ago

We've not got any pencilled in. Probably more holidays instead. Our usual 2 weeks off for Glastonbury and recovery is likely to be a trip to Italy to see relatives. May go to Common People if there's anyone decent and Victorious. 

Goatboy posted this 4 weeks ago - Last edited 4 weeks ago

Beautiful Days. Devon 17th-19th August.

http://www.beautifuldays.org

KRG posted this 4 weeks ago

Off to Primavera with krGF and a few pals in the summer. Enjoyed it when I went a few years ago, very much looking forward to it again. 

Also going to All Points East here in London too. Line up looks great. 

Dubai_Phil posted this 3 weeks ago

Unfortunately for me, Mrs D_P has secured free VIP Corporate all you can eat & drink tickets for the one real festival we have down here.

I say unfortunately because she picked Ricky Martin. The only consolation I have is the fact that providing I get mortalled on the free booze I may be able to excuse wobbling to some of his hits later on.

Meanwhile on a more serious note

Arctic Monkeys will be back touring this year 

The sole UK appearance announced so far is a headline slot at Glasgow’s TRNSMT festival on 1 July.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/jan/29/arctic-monkeys-announce-first-live-dates-since-2014

KRG posted this 3 weeks ago - Last edited 3 weeks ago

Originally posted by Dubai_Phil

I say unfortunately because she picked Ricky Martin. The only consolation I have is the fact that providing I get mortalled on the free booze I may be able to excuse wobbling to some of his hits later on.

Who you kidding Phil, you're going solely to get ya snake hips on to Ricky.

Meanwhile on a more serious note

Arctic Monkeys will be back touring this year 

Also just announced for Primavera lou_lol

Very chuffed with the line up.

Dubai_Phil posted this 3 weeks ago

I actually saw Ricky "live" at World Cup final Paris in 98.

But fvcks yeah. I intend to get some bad Latino GranDad dancing moves on that night 

• Liked by
  • KRG
  • Intiniki
KRG posted this 3 weeks ago

Good lad lou_wink

TheCholulaKid posted this 3 weeks ago

My kids love it so we’re going to Green Man again.  Got other family members going this year too so will have some onsite babysitters.

• Liked by
  • Goatboy
  • lifeintheslowlane