Gigs

  • 21K Views
  • Last Post 2 weeks ago
  • Topic Is Solved
Sadoldgit posted this 01 May 2016

I see that his wife has finally decided to leave him.

 

Oh!   Gigs!!

Intiniki posted this 01 May 2016

This month, Richard Ashcroft at the Roundhouse, Dave Gorman for some laughs, and end with Common People in Southampton. Looking forward to seeing Duran Duran who I had posters of as a child (I was probably about 8 or 9 years old). Also going to the theatre! To see the Maids. Vod from Fresh Meat and Crazy eyes from Orange is the New Black along with Lady Edith from Downton are in the play. I probably should learn their real names. 

 

  • Liked by
  • Sfcsim
Sfcsim posted this 01 May 2016

Originally posted by Intiniki

This month, Richard Ashcroft at the Roundhouse, Dave Gorman for some laughs, and end with Common People in Southampton. Looking forward to seeing Duran Duran who I had posters of as a child (I was probably about 8 or 9 years old). Also going to the theatre! To see the Maids. Vod from Fresh Meat and Crazy eyes from Orange is the New Black along with Lady Edith from Downton are in the play. I probably should learn their real names. 

 

 Would love to see Duran Duran again. Loving them at the moment. Same for the other 2 you mention. Nice treble that! 

Not sure what the Maids is, but will check it out! 

Mangobean posted this 04 May 2016

Saw Lee Nelson, suited and booted at Dorchester Arts centre/corn exchange last Friday. The guy is such a quick wit. Most of the show was interaction with the small audience. A few predictable jokes thrown in, but most of it was fairly off the cuff stuff. Would definitely go see again as highly unlikely to see two shows the same using that format.

Goatboy posted this 04 May 2016

Off to see Maverick Sabre at The Engine Rooms on Saturday nightlou_lol

Intiniki posted this 04 May 2016

Originally posted by Goatboy

Off to see Maverick Sabre at The Engine Rooms on Saturday nightlou_lol

 Saw him at V Festival a few years back. Now work with his sister. 

ant posted this 07 May 2016

Not got any gigs planned for a while, though now have tickets for both Common People and 2000 Trees Festival.

Only interested in one act at Common People i.e. Public Enemy, but who can say no to a festival when it's 10 minutes walk from your flat? 

After-party at mine! lou_lol

  • Liked by
  • Intiniki
Goatboy posted this 07 May 2016 - Last edited 07 May 2016

Just back from Maverick Sabre at The Engine Rooms.

He was v. good. Just him and an acoustic guitarist.

At some point when I am more sober I will do a review comparing this with Sleaford Modslou_wink2

Intiniki posted this 17 May 2016

Richard Ashcroft at the Roundhouse last night was superb. Apart from a bloody pillar blocking my view for nearly all of the night. He did his old stuff, some new stuff and some Verve stuff. Definitely would go see again. His guitarist was fantastic. 

TheCholulaKid posted this 17 May 2016

Father John Misty this Friday.

Intiniki posted this 24 May 2016

So just to check. Would it be useful to have a comedy gig section? Do many others head to see comedians? I went to see Dave Gorman who showcased 4 other comedians who were all really good and thought maybe we could have a section to share some of our finds. 

Thoughts - yay or nay? 

Bearsy posted this 24 May 2016

Do It i don't often go to comedy but when i do i laugh my balls off, stand up is approx 10 times more funny when ur actually there for some reason rather than i.e. watch on TV so if you make gd suggests i might Make Effort to chk out tks

  • Liked by
  • Intiniki
Fatso posted this 24 May 2016

Originally posted by TheCholulaKid

Father John Misty this Friday.

 How was it?

Sfcsim posted this 24 May 2016

Went to see Maiden Scotland at the weekend. For a bunch of aging men, they were pretty good. Also played Powerslave, which is my favourite Maiden song! 

Sfcsim posted this 24 May 2016

Also the comedy gig thread is a really good suggestion. It is a scene I try and keep an eye on, but miss so much! Nothing like good live Comedy. 

Always looking out for Dave Gorman! 

KRG posted this 26 May 2016

A mate has managed to bag a pair of tickets for Radiohead @ the Roundhouse tonight. 

Probably a terrible idea, but seeing as I am probably going to miss them next week I'm going to risk it. 

'Kin excited!

TheCholulaKid posted this 26 May 2016 - Last edited 26 May 2016

Originally posted by Fatso

Originally posted by TheCholulaKid

Father John Misty this Friday.

 How was it?

Excellent.  I have a degree of man love for him though so may be biased. Finished with a rollicking* version of The Ideal Husband.

First time I saw him I had no idea who he was and was blown away. I knew what to expect this time and he still excelled.

*virgin use of that word 

lifeintheslowlane posted this 26 May 2016

Originally posted by TheCholulaKid

Originally posted by Fatso

Originally posted by TheCholulaKid

Father John Misty this Friday.

 How was it?

Excellent.  I have a degree of man love for him though so may be biased. Finished with a rollicking* version of The Ideal Husband.

First time I saw him I had no idea who he was and was blown away. I knew what to expect this time and he still excelled.

*virgin use of that word 

 I would have gone but have seen too many of my favourites sold short by the appalling acoustics over the years.

TheCholulaKid posted this 26 May 2016

Saw him at the Roundhouse on the Friday instead. No way was I fucking that gig experience up.

  • Liked by
  • lifeintheslowlane
Sfcsim posted this 26 May 2016

Off to see Kasabian at the King Power on Saturday. Should be a bit of a party atmosphere that's for sure! 

  • Liked by
  • KRG