Guinea Pigs Required

  • 806 Views
  • Last Post 4 days ago
Fatso posted this 1 weeks ago

Can everyone on Youtube watch those videos? We could go viral!

lifeintheslowlane posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by gavstar

All I took from that was 'Users will be silenced'.  If silenced with a ball gag I could live with that, if silenced with a nerve agent of a type developed in Russia I'm not so sure.

 As long as it didn't actually come from Russia I'm sure you will be fine. This stuff is piss poor if not officially sanctioned by the Ruskies.

Hope that answers your question @Gavs

gavstar posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by lifeintheslowlane

Originally posted by gavstar

All I took from that was 'Users will be silenced'.  If silenced with a ball gag I could live with that, if silenced with a nerve agent of a type developed in Russia I'm not so sure.

 As long as it didn't actually come from Russia I'm sure you will be fine. This stuff is piss poor if not officially sanctioned by the Ruskies.

Hope that answers your question @Gavs

 USER ''GAVSTAR'' HAS BEEN DELETED.  

 

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

  • Liked by
  • BTripz
  • Cobham  Saint
BTripz posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by gavstar

 USER ''GAVSTAR'' HAS BEEN DELETED.  

 

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

 FFS this isn't the Net is it??

PhilippineSaint posted this 1 weeks ago

I am out of here with Duterte this end sanctioning extra Judicial stuff and the Ruskies your end 

 

See you on the flip side.

 

 

Or sunday which ever is earlier.

saintbletch posted this 4 days ago

A quick update on the move to new software following an impromptu bored (sic)  meeting at the pub on Saturday.

We've decided that following positive feedback by the guinea pigs we will be moving to Discourse.

The move needs to be planned and I need some time to migrate the current data and configure the new server. This means I'll be aiming for next half term (about 6 weeks).

I'll keep you updated if things change. 

Dubai_Phil posted this 4 days ago

Originally posted by saintbletch

A quick update on the move to new software following an impromptu bored (sic)  meeting at the pub on Saturday.

We've decided that following positive feedback by the guinea pigs we will be moving to Discourse.

The move needs to be planned and I need some time to migrate the current data and configure the new server. This means I'll be aiming for next half term (about 6 weeks).

I'll keep you updated if things change. 

 Noooooo

It still uses SQL.

Unless it is full on Django and Python don' do it!!

Oops sorry went geek there.

 

 

Dubai_Phil posted this 4 days ago

Can I keep both usernames?

Nobody will guess who I am on there

saintbletch posted this 4 days ago - Last edited 4 days ago

Originally posted by Dubai_Phil

Originally posted by saintbletch

A quick update on the move to new software following an impromptu bored (sic)  meeting at the pub on Saturday.

We've decided that following positive feedback by the guinea pigs we will be moving to Discourse.

The move needs to be planned and I need some time to migrate the current data and configure the new server. This means I'll be aiming for next half term (about 6 weeks).

I'll keep you updated if things change. 

 Noooooo

It still uses SQL.

Unless it is full on Django and Python don' do it!!

Oops sorry went geek there.

 

 

Well the stuff that scrapes the current Sotonians and posts in the new Sotonians is written in Python and uses MongoDB. No SQL anywhere near it. 

(As is Optimus Trousers BTW)

But there's no way I'd write forum software without a SQL engine. 

saintbletch posted this 4 days ago

Originally posted by Dubai_Phil

Can I keep both usernames?

Nobody will guess who I am on there

Yeah, I mean, just who could GolfStory be?

BTripz posted this 4 days ago

Originally posted by saintbletch

Yeah, I mean, just who could GolfStory be?

 Dang, I've been rumbled lou_facepalm2

  • Liked by
  • saintbletch
Dubai_Phil posted this 4 days ago

Originally posted by BTripz

Originally posted by saintbletch

Yeah, I mean, just who could GolfStory be?

 Dang, I've been rumbled lou_facepalm2

 Internet identity theft.

Bloody Russians again.

PhilippineSaint posted this 4 days ago

Originally posted by Dubai_Phil

Originally posted by BTripz

Originally posted by saintbletch

Yeah, I mean, just who could GolfStory be?

 Dang, I've been rumbled lou_facepalm2

 Internet identity theft.

Bloody Russians again.

@BTripz is a Russian ?

Does he have any Vodka? 

lifeintheslowlane posted this 4 days ago

Hmmm...This migration thing:

1) Will we need a Blue Passport?

2) What about holders of the current EU Passport...will they have full rights to the NHS ?

3) Can I still collect my pension at the Post Office or will I need to open a Bank Account?

4) Can I also use my other username "youngfella-m'lad"?

5) Will Bazza still have to undergo the castration process agreed upon in the private exchange of views with Mr. Pap?

  • Liked by
  • saintbletch