Kraken's Top Ten from in and around Southampton:
1) Zen, Below Bar. Brilliant sushi and sashimi.
2) Kohinoor, Portswood. The masala dosa and chili prawns are insanely good. As is pretty much everything I've ever had in there, to be fair.
3) Coriander Lounge, Below Bar. Really very good.
4) Marshalls (used to be Chambers). Kind of a Tex-Mex feel but really good grub. Excellent craft beers too.
5) Baan Thai, Portswood. Used to be called Sara's. Small, intimate but excellent food.
6) Kali Mirchi, Shirley. I don't go here often enough, never had a bad meal here and some eye-opening dishes.
7) Ceno, Portswood. They do excellent tapas style picky bits which are great. Very nice decking out front when the weather is nice too.
8) The Rockstone. Pub grub done very well.
9) Trago Lounge, Portswood. Where I'd head to for a decent fry up.
10) The Goat. Decent food on the occasions I've been, I'm not overyly keen on the atmosphere though.