Premier League Champions

  • 866 Views
  • Last Post 04 May 2016
Sfcsim posted this 10 December 2015 - Last edited 11 December 2015

now we are rapidly heading towards the half way point of the season, what are your thoughts and predictions. It will be interesting to see how much this changes over the rest of the season. 

I still stick with my prediction from the start of the season and Arsenal to win the league, but I would love Leucester to win it. 

Top 6 

Arsenal

Man City 

Man U 

Chelsea

Spurs

Liverpool

 

Relegation 

Villa

Norwich

Bouremouth

 

Saints 10th. 

what are your thoughts? 

80 Comments
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Bucks posted this 10 December 2015 - Last edited 10 December 2015

Chelsea 4th??   14 points and about 20 goals behind, with a terrible defence.   Cant see it.

Arsenal look like a decent bet, with some top players still to return.

ant posted this 10 December 2015

City will string together enough of a run to pull it off. United would be my sneaky pick if they actualy went after games rather eternally sitting back and playing it sideways.

Leicester's form will dip but barring a run worse than our tail-end of last season, they're already almost nailed on for a European spot.

Goatboy posted this 10 December 2015

Man City

Arsenal

Man Utd

Leicester

Spurs

Liverpool

 

Saints 9th

 

18th: Norwich

19th Sunderland

20th Villa

  • Liked by
  • Sfcsim
KRG posted this 10 December 2015

I'm really enjoying Leicester and the way they play. I really hope they can stave off the inevitable vultures in January, at least until the summer. Vardy seems tailor made for a Mourinho side though. I imagine for someone like him, at his age, and where he has been the chance of £100k+ p/w and a shot at CL football will be very hard to turn down - I'd struggle to blame him for that too. 

That said, their squad isn't the deepest. Injuries will hit, and there will be a dip. I hope they can sustain it, I'd love for a club like them to put it up the big boys a bit. Fully supporting them the rest of the season. 

 

Personally think it is City's to lose. Just can't see anyone else nicking it off them.

 

I'd go:

City

Arsenal

Utd

Spurs

Liverpool

Leicester/Everton

 

Annoyingly, I think Spurs are a really good side. Not a huge fan of how he handled his move, but MP is a good manager, we saw that here and he is starting to get that into place at Spurs. £5m for Alli looks an effing steal, Toby and Vertonghen look as solid a pairing as anyone in the league and Lloris is quality. Really think that 4th spot is theirs to lose.

 

For the drop, mostly agree with above. Might depend on who Swansea get in, and how that goes. But think Sunderland will probably bore their way to survival. Watford look solid, Quique Flores is a good manager, would be very surprised if they go down. For me that only really leaves Norwich, Bournemouth, Newcastle & Villa. 

B'mouth have been so unlucky with injuries. Think they are doomed.

Villa just don't look to have much, even that point against us felt a bit smash and grab. 

Can't pick between Norwich & Newcastle. 

pap posted this 25 April 2016

Leicester are one win away from the Premier League title.  Remarkable.

ant posted this 25 April 2016 - Last edited 25 April 2016

Pochetti-NOPE. lou_lol

Rallyboy posted this 25 April 2016

I hope this is the night that Spurs blew their one chance of winning the title in the next decade.

Their wagon only has two wheels on it.

 

Sfcsim posted this 25 April 2016

I think Leicester will lose Sunday, but will win the league a week today, when Chelsea beat Spurs.....

 

 

 

....... Don't hold your breath though, have you seen my predictions in the OP. 

  • Liked by
  • pap
  • BTripz
pap posted this 25 April 2016

Originally posted by Rallyboy

I hope this is the night that Spurs blew their one chance of winning the title in the next decade.

Their wagon only has two wheels on it.

Well, it's shit to be them.  

Not mathematically out of it, and I understand that Vardy has just picked up an additional game's ban for improper conduct, but didn't seem much of an obstacle to them this weekend.

United will of course be a different proposition than Swansea, especially at their place - and they still need points.

The one season they get their act in gear, and everyone else falls apart, Leicester happen.   Echoes of them finishing fourth and De Matteo's Chelsea depriving them of a CL berth.   They've defo got that tho. 

  • Liked by
  • Jack Schitt
ant posted this 25 April 2016

But if Leicester do beat United, they'll receive their guard of honour at none other than Chelsea. The same Chelsea whose owner sacked Ranieri, stating that he'd never win the title.

Much as I'd like us to be the ones to mathematically end Spurs' title hopes, that sounds too sweet to pass up.

  • Liked by
  • Jack Schitt
  • Bucks
Rallyboy posted this 25 April 2016

Look, we're just pleased to have pushed Leicester City all the way, grin the Spurs fans through gritted teeth, while trying to think of a song that is actually their own.

Jack Schitt posted this 25 April 2016

Originality is good, obviously. But I'd kind of enjoy the delicious irony of 'borrowing' the tune from Man. City's Blue Moon for a song of our own in a couple of Sunday's time.

"Our song. You've fucking stolen our song... you've fucking stolen our song*..."

 

 

 

* (The fact that they sing it better than we do only adds insult to injury) lou_eyessky

 

Rallyboy posted this 26 April 2016

They weren't singing it last night!

 

  • Liked by
  • Jack Schitt
Bearsy posted this 26 April 2016

We had a lot of games like that when Poch was our manager. Start fast, miss some chances, then run out of steam RIP.

Shame.

  • Liked by
  • Sadoldgit
KRG posted this 26 April 2016

Delighted for Leicester. They've been brilliant all season, and thoroughly deserve to be where they are. Proved people (myself included) predicting their downfall wrong, time and time again. I don't really blame people for expecting a tricky season for them back in July/August last year. Nor do I really blame them for thinking they would drop off. Either way, it's a fantastic story. Even if it is a blip, it's the kind of thing that can give hope to fans of clubs like ours. That's not to say I expect us to do a Leicester any time soon, but they signal that little bit of hope. If things fall into place, and you get the wind blowing your direction maybe you can do that amazing thing - which is ultimately why you support a team. It also silences those that would call anyone a dreamer for hoping (not expecting) that something like this could ever happen. 

I know it may not be a popular opinion, and it isn't somethng that gives me much joy to say, but I really like this Spurs side. There is a lot of quality there, right throughout. Lloris is excellent, we know how solid Toby is, Dier is coming on leaps and bounds, Alli is sensational (I can't not love watching that boy play), Kane is fantastic too. Following on from being unpopular, MP is a good coach. He's mixed it up a lot more this season than last, or he did whilst here. Still no fan of how he manufactured his move, but that doesn't detract from the fact he is a very good coach. 

I think there is an argument that he's been one of the best things to happen to English football (I'm more pointing towards the England side/development of English talent with that) since he arrived in the country. 

What I have loved about this season is that the 2 best teams occupy the 2 top spots. Not the two most expensively assembled squad of talented individuals. Good on 'em both, even if that is partly through gritted teeth. 

  • Liked by
  • Jack Schitt
  • Sfcsim
Fatso posted this 26 April 2016

stick to the NHS thread you fucking Judas.

  • Liked by
  • KRG
  • Areola Grandee
KRG posted this 26 April 2016

lou_flirt

Jack Schitt posted this 26 April 2016

@ KRG: Haha. I'd literally just finished reading the line of the first paragraph that ends: "something like this could ever happen" -- and was thinking "why has this post not got any likes!? lou_surprised

 

Then I got to the Tottenham bit.

But to be fair, even so, a lot of what you've wrote, much as I fucking hate spurs and Pochetino -- I still find it hard to disagree with. I've said pretty much the same to my Spurs supporting neighbour myself. Bunch of cunts they are -- but they do play a mighty refreshing brand of football.

 

  • Liked by
  • TheCholulaKid
  • KRG
KRG posted this 26 April 2016

Originally posted by Jack Schitt

@ KRG: Haha. I'd literally just finished reading the line of the first paragraph that ends: "something like this could ever happen" -- and was thinking "why has this post not got any likes!? lou_surprised

 

Then I got to the Tottenham bit.

But to be fair, even so, a lot of what you've wrote, much as I fucking hate spurs and Pochetino -- I still find it hard to disagree with. I've said pretty much the same to my Spurs supporting neighbour myself. Bunch of cunts they are -- but they do play a mighty refreshing brand of football.

 I loathe the club, and those that run it.

But I can't help but like those on the pitch. For me, the England team needs to be built around Kane & Alli.

  • Liked by
  • TheCholulaKid
  • Jack Schitt
Flahute posted this 26 April 2016

Originally posted by KRG

I know it may not be a popular opinion, and it isn't somethng that gives me much joy to say, but I really like this Spurs side. There is a lot of quality there, right throughout. Lloris is excellent, we know how solid Toby is, Dier is coming on leaps and bounds, Alli is sensational (I can't not love watching that boy play), Kane is fantastic too. Following on from being unpopular, MP is a good coach. He's mixed it up a lot more this season than last, or he did whilst here. Still no fan of how he manufactured his move, but that doesn't detract from the fact he is a very good coach. 

I think there is an argument that he's been one of the best things to happen to English football (I'm more pointing towards the England side/development of English talent with that) since he arrived in the country. 

What I have loved about this season is that the 2 best teams occupy the 2 top spots. Not the two most expensively assembled squad of talented individuals. Good on 'em both, even if that is partly through gritted teeth. 

 I agree, I think the yids are a joy to watch and they have one of the best managers in the game.