Should Reggie Yates have resigned?

  • Poll
  • 414 Views
  • Last Post 1 weeks ago
1. Yes
0 vote
2. No
4 vote
Tokyo-Saint posted this 2 weeks ago

And for that reason I am out! 

Bearsy posted this 2 weeks ago - Last edited 2 weeks ago

When I was lad I was looking to pick a religion so I could score Eternal Bliss, so I went to Jewish Church and saw the head walrus to see what was involved. He was like, God is everywhere, but you've still got to come down here to see him every week. And you owe him money, for some reason. And he wants a small piece of your penis up front.

It's too much! Even the earthly benefits like moving to north west london and managing a band, seemed poor recompense.  

* Edit: This is not original bear content I saw a comedian on youtube saying it. He was called Bill Something.

Tokyo-Saint posted this 2 weeks ago

It was news to me bear. I didn't know God worked on a deposit system. No wonder Baby Jesus was fury at them and pushed over their car boot money counting table.  

pap posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Bearsy

 

* Edit: This is not original bear content I saw a comedian on youtube saying it. He was called Bill Something.

 Was he like Tim Vine?

  • Liked by
  • Bearsy
Areola Grandee posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Tokyo-Saint

It was news to me bear. I didn't know God worked on a deposit system. No wonder Baby Jesus was fury at them and pushed over their car boot money counting table.  

 Bearsy dont do Baby Jesus only Baby Cambridge

Cobham Saint posted this 2 weeks ago

I'm confused, so are we saying the baby Jesus is doing the Xmas Top of the Pops and some jewish bloke called Reggie or Bill Something is copping blow jobs from barely legal walruses after being circumcised on a car boot table in North west London or Cambridge ?

gavstar posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Cobham Saint

I'm confused, so are we saying the baby Jesus is doing the Xmas Top of the Pops and some jewish bloke called Reggie or Bill Something is copping blow jobs from barely legal walruses after being circumcised on a car boot table in North west London or Cambridge ?

 Oh, confused would we?

Tokyo-Saint posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Areola Grandee

Originally posted by Tokyo-Saint

It was news to me bear. I didn't know God worked on a deposit system. No wonder Baby Jesus was fury at them and pushed over their car boot money counting table.  

 Bearsy dont do Baby Jesus only Baby Cambridge

 

That's a hell of an allegation.  Probably best we just report it to Yew Tree and not mention it again on the forum. We don't want Soviet (cept bear obs) getting done for paedo treason or knowledge of paedo treason. 

  • Liked by
  • CB Saint
  • Saint or sinner
TheCholulaKid posted this 2 weeks ago

Reggie Yates is teetotal.  Never touched a drop in his life apparently.  He probably doesn't swear either. Untrustworthy cunt.

  • Liked by
  • PhilippineSaint
Cobham Saint posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by TheCholulaKid

Reggie Yates is teetotal.  Never touched a drop in his life apparently.  He probably doesn't swear either. Untrustworthy cunt.

 "apparently"? Look forward to reading about his drink and drug fuelled underage sex orgies in the Daily Fail soon then

Sadoldgit posted this 1 weeks ago

Been pondering this one for a few days. In our current society we are supposed to be moving away from racial stereotyping so it probably wasnt the wisest thing to say. Should he have resigned? An apology probably would have been fine. I am sure the random fat Jewish bloke from NW London would of accepted it.

Goatboy posted this 1 weeks ago

He had to go or someone would have claimed their pound of flesh.

lou_eyessky

pap posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by Sadoldgit

Been pondering this one for a few days. In our current society we are supposed to be moving away from racial stereotyping so it probably wasnt the wisest thing to say. Should he have resigned? An apology probably would have been fine. I am sure the random fat Jewish bloke from NW London would of accepted it.

 He's been found guilty of using adjectives. 

Throw the book at the cunt. 

Just make sure it doesn't have any adjectives in it.  

lifeintheslowlane posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by Goatboy

He had to go or someone would have claimed their pound of flesh.

lou_eyessky

 I see what you did there, Sherlock...or whoever. lou_wink2

BTripz posted this 1 weeks ago

I think in times like this we should all conside Portia's speech from the Merchant of Venice

The quality of mercy is not strained;
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
‘T is mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown:
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthronèd in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God’s
When mercy seasons justice. Therefore, Jew,
Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
That, in the course of justice, none of us
Should see salvation: we do pray for mercy;
And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
The deeds of mercy. I have spoke thus much
To mitigate the justice of thy plea;
Which if thou follow, this strict court of Venice
Must needs give sentence ‘gainst the merchant there.

And, yes, I had to learn this when I was at school...

Bearsy posted this 1 weeks ago

I figure there are two problems here.

One is Perpetuating Stereotypes. I think overall that I am pro-stereotypes. Stereotyping is the basis of All Comedy! I can't think of a tv show that didn't rely on stereotypes, either enforcing them or confounding expectations/playing against type or whatever.

The other I suppose is Hurt Feelings. It's possible maybe that somewhere in North West London a fat Jew is crying into his branflakes. I am ok with calling someone a cunt if they hurt someone's feelings. I don't think they should suffer real life consequences though, like lose job or go prison or whatever. Even if they're black.

  • Liked by
  • Tokyo-Saint
Areola Grandee posted this 1 weeks ago

It is the nature of offence... for many they fail to differentiate between calling everything offensive as opposed to someone being offended by something. .... confused? let me give an example.  There are some do- gooders who wnat to ban porn as they say its offensive to women (and men) - when that cant actually be true, because many men and women enjoy it... the truth is that SOME women and some ment may find it offensive -its a big difference.

So the next stage is should we then avoid saying or doing anything that SOME folk might find offensive?  That is a bastard of a question, because ultimately we could argue... 'it depends so much on context' -  The problem with comedy is some things are just funny, because they play to sterotypes which we just find funny, or we find the fact that there ignorant fucks who dont realise they are being riduculed .. the Borat 'throw the jew down the well' is a good example- the joke is on the ignorant fucks who take the anti-semitism seriously and join in.... BUT, and this is the crux, is such a device counter productive in that it does nothing to educate the ignorant fucks that their prejudices are wrong, if anything they are empowered to join in and feel comfortable that their views are being shared? 

So should he resign? Personnally no, but I know why he had to. Because, even if every Jewish manager thought it funny and was NOT offended, that is not the point. Its about legitimising the piss take and sterotype. Its the message that gives to folks who are genuinely racist and prejudiced that its OK to be in a position of high profile media and get away with a perceived prejudice.... when the day comes where we are all gloriously well balanced and prejudice free, we will be able to take the piss out of anyone and anything without consequence, but until then we just have to be more sensitive to the message it sends to ignorant fucks

  • Liked by
  • Sadoldgit
lifeintheslowlane posted this 1 weeks ago - Last edited 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by Areola Grandee

It is the nature of offence... for many they fail to differentiate between calling everything offensive as opposed to someone being offended by something. .... confused? let me give an example.  There are some do- gooders who wnat to ban porn as they say its offensive to women (and men) - when that cant actually be true, because many men and women enjoy it... the truth is that SOME women and some ment may find it offensive -its a big difference.

So the next stage is should we then avoid saying or doing anything that SOME folk might find offensive?  That is a bastard of a question, because ultimately we could argue... 'it depends so much on context' -  The problem with comedy is some things are just funny, because they play to sterotypes which we just find funny, or we find the fact that there ignorant fucks who dont realise they are being riduculed .. the Borat 'throw the jew down the well' is a good example- the joke is on the ignorant fucks who take the anti-semitism seriously and join in.... BUT, and this is the crux, is such a device counter productive in that it does nothing to educate the ignorant fucks that their prejudices are wrong, if anything they are empowered to join in and feel comfortable that their views are being shared? 

So should he resign? Personnally no, but I know why he had to. Because, even if every Jewish manager thought it funny and was NOT offended, that is not the point. Its about legitimising the piss take and sterotype. Its the message that gives to folks who are genuinely racist and prejudiced that its OK to be in a position of high profile media and get away with a perceived prejudice.... when the day comes where we are all gloriously well balanced and prejudice free, we will be able to take the piss out of anyone and anything without consequence, but until then we just have to be more sensitive to the message it sends to ignorant fucks

 Well yes I understand that but a well considered apology surely underlines what he said should be considered an unacceptable racial stereotype and certainly gives nothing to the racist element. This was his apology...

'I am hugely apologetic for this flippant comment. It was not my intention to offend or reinforce stereotypes, but I'm aware that this could have been interpreted that way and for that I am also deeply sorry.

'What I was actually trying to say was how proud I am of the new generation of artists making their success independently on their own terms and without giving away control or their rights to major labels.

Tokyo-Saint posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by Bearsy

I figure there are two problems here.

One is Perpetuating Stereotypes. I think overall that I am pro-stereotypes. Stereotyping is the basis of All Comedy! I can't think of a tv show that didn't rely on stereotypes, either enforcing them or confounding expectations/playing against type or whatever.

The other I suppose is Hurt Feelings. It's possible maybe that somewhere in North West London a fat Jew is crying into his branflakes. I am ok with calling someone a cunt if they hurt someone's feelings. I don't think they should suffer real life consequences though, like lose job or go prison or whatever. Even if they're black.

 Yeah I hate it when people give dumb sluts with big tits from Essex a hard time. In my opinion, they should be equal at least, if not rewarded. Same for scoucers with their speech deficiency although obviously not rewarded. ... ever.