Star Wars : Rogue One

  • 720 Views
  • Last Post 4 weeks ago
Dubai_Phil posted this 11 November 2017

It had a Death Star.

That's enough surely?

KRG posted this 11 November 2017

Originally posted by gavstar

Originally posted by KRG

Working on something with a friend, and need to know a bit about this film. 

About to watch it myself. This will be the first time I've watched a Star Wars film since I was at school, and even then I only watched that as it was part of the curriculum.

For fans of the franchise/film:

What about this film did you like?

Were there any particular scenes that really stood out?

 

 Are you keen to know before you've watched it?  i.e. happy for spoilers and whatnot?

 go for it 

gavstar posted this 11 November 2017

Originally posted by KRG

Originally posted by gavstar

Originally posted by KRG

Working on something with a friend, and need to know a bit about this film. 

About to watch it myself. This will be the first time I've watched a Star Wars film since I was at school, and even then I only watched that as it was part of the curriculum.

For fans of the franchise/film:

What about this film did you like?

Were there any particular scenes that really stood out?

 

 Are you keen to know before you've watched it?  i.e. happy for spoilers and whatnot?

 go for it 

 ok, this is gonna be fairly short but to the point.

I liked the robot, brought some levity to proceedings.

I liked max strength Vader destroying rebel troops, that scene worked for me even if it wasn't really relevant to the plot but as a spectacle I liked it more than the climactic space battle, and that was pretty impressive.

Are you interested in what wasn't as memorable? as that will be  a longer post.

Barry Sanchez posted this 11 November 2017

The best "new" Star Wars film by a long long way, explains the plotholes of previous films and shows a side to the Empire not seen before (Mikkelsen and Mendelsohn drinking with family), another death star film but ones where the allies die not all of them but won't give too much away.

  • Liked by
  • gwc
gavstar posted this 11 November 2017

Originally posted by Barry Sanchez

The best "new" Star Wars film by a long long way, explains the plotholes of previous films and shows a side to the Empire not seen before (Mikkelsen and Mendelsohn drinking with family), another death star film but ones where the allies die not all of them but won't give too much away.

 Would've been nice to spend more time with mikkelsen's character, he was under utilised I reckon.

Barry Sanchez posted this 11 November 2017

He was but fans want back stories but day trippers want action, its difficult to get it right I suppose.

KRG posted this 11 November 2017

Thanks chaps

Dubai_Phil posted this 11 November 2017

Originally posted by KRG

Thanks chaps

 It' gonna be a game about drinking and Death Stars now isn' t it

  • Liked by
  • BTripz
gwc posted this 4 weeks ago

This has been the best 'new' movie by some distance. They'd be much better off doing these side stories than coming up with convaluted ways of extending the main story.

BTripz posted this 4 weeks ago

Originally posted by gwc

This has been the best 'new' movie by some distance. They'd be much better off doing these side stories than coming up with convaluted ways of extending the main story.

Solo is out in May, I'm not as keen on this one as I was on Rogue One.

I've watched Rogue One a couple of times when I've stumbled on it on Sky, I still enjoy it.

  • Liked by
  • gwc
gwc posted this 4 weeks ago

Originally posted by BTripz

Originally posted by gwc

This has been the best 'new' movie by some distance. They'd be much better off doing these side stories than coming up with convaluted ways of extending the main story.

Solo is out in May, I'm not as keen on this one as I was on Rogue One.

I've watched Rogue One a couple of times when I've stumbled on it on Sky, I still enjoy it.

 The casting of Solo makes or break it for me.

Barry Sanchez posted this 4 weeks ago

Rogue One is the best film  since Empire, no doubt at all, its real in the sense no one wins (although thats now been Disneyfied), just regular people dying for control, brilliant film and probably seen it 20 years.

  • Liked by
  • BTripz