The Little Annoyances Of Everyday Life

  • 45K Views
  • Last Post 1 hour ago
PhilippineSaint posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Dubai_Phil

You plan a beach day.

Wake up to a sandstorm and strong winds

Ho hum

 Go to Brunch lou_lol

Dubai_Phil posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by PhilippineSaint

Originally posted by Dubai_Phil

You plan a beach day.

Wake up to a sandstorm and strong winds

Ho hum

 Go to Brunch lou_lol

 They cost money...

Not gonna happen when we have 2 weeks on the road starting next Saturday #polishbeer #vodkabar #wembley

Intiniki posted this 2 weeks ago

When your manager says 'oh i've allocated you an easy case'. Yeah whatever, loads of issues on that one. 

Dubai_Phil posted this 2 weeks ago

When you realise you finally need TWO computer screens to tidy up someone else's dogs breakfast of a pair of excel sheets 

And you are working from home...

grr

PhilippineSaint posted this 2 weeks ago

Originally posted by Dubai_Phil

When you realise you finally need TWO computer screens to tidy up someone else's dogs breakfast of a pair of excel sheets 

And you are working from home...

grr

 And I got laughed at when I turned up in Malaysia and demanded two screens on my desk. Now everybody wants them as its easier to work.

  • Liked by
  • Dubai_Phil
BTripz posted this 2 weeks ago

Teacher training days just after school holidays..

Why they can't have them all in one big block at the start or end of a year is beyond me! If they did it would give the kids (and staff, do you really think they are training??) an extra week off and be easier for parents to work around..

CB Saint posted this 1 weeks ago

Why the fuck did I wake up a 3am and why the fuck could I not get back to sleep.

CB Saint posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by BTripz

Teacher training days just after school holidays..

Why they can't have them all in one big block at the start or end of a year is beyond me! If they did it would give the kids (and staff, do you really think they are training??) an extra week off and be easier for parents to work around.

 My mate who is a teacher never does any training on inset days. They do an extra 1/2 hour every week and take the day off. Funnily enough two days always seems to bookend the Glastonbury weekend.

Saint or sinner posted this 1 weeks ago

Delivery drivers.

Knocked on my door at 6:35am, just as I was getting in the shower. He got told to fuck off.

Fatso posted this 1 weeks ago - Last edited 1 weeks ago

Why is it always raining and shit? It's genuinely beginning to get me down. Since snow in December, its been continuous days of horrible weather. Rain, cloudy, windy, snow, ice, hail. There was one nice day last Thursday and that has genuinely been it. I reckon it's been 5 months of relentlessly shit weather. 

  • Liked by
  • lifeintheslowlane
lifeintheslowlane posted this 1 weeks ago

Originally posted by Fatso

Why is it always raining and shit? It's genuinely beginning to get me down. Since snow in December, its been continuous days of horrible weather. Rain, cloudy, windy, snow, ice, hail. There was one ice day last Thursday and that has genuinelt been it. I reckon it's been 5 months of relentlessly shit weather. 

 Yep..I got my old car out  on a sunny day in February...20th Feb to be precise. It was the cars 60th birthday on 3rd April and was hoping to go for a run in it to to celebrate...not a fuckin chance...still waiting for a clear day.

Dubai_Phil posted this 4 days ago - Last edited 4 days ago

You arrive back in Europe. You sleep wonderfully. You have a can of beer that tastes like nectar.

You drop straight in to village life watching cyclists go by with the temperature a perfect 23C.

Chicken soup is cooking. .

Then you realise you are going to watch Saints play next Sunday

lou_facepalm2

  • Liked by
  • PhilippineSaint
  • Chertsey Saint
BTripz posted this 20 hours ago - Last edited 20 hours ago

Wednesday night is pool league night, I've had a skin full, I want to continue reading Ready Player One, the words are all a blur...

  • Liked by
  • KRG
  • PhilippineSaint
KRG posted this 8 hours ago

Why must everything always happen at once?

In the past week:

We've had an offer on an house accepted. So all the stress that comes with that. Estate Agents, Solicitors, Mortgage Brokers.

Had to attend an engagement party in Newark, which also involved several cancelled trains, delays and diversions. Granted, it was a lovely day - shudder to think how much is being spent on the wedding(s).

Our boiler has broken, of course the landlord is relying on me trying to solve all this - and being there whenever someone decides to show up - not like I have a job or anything. 

And our Airbnb appartment in Barcelona for Primavera has just cancelled. Leaving us with the choice of either spending 3-4 times what we initally planned, or be on the other side of town with no hope of getting to and from the festival. 

 

Heart feels like it is about to burst out of my chest. 

PhilippineSaint posted this 8 hours ago

Originally posted by BTripz

Wednesday night is pool league night, I've had a skin full, I want to continue reading Ready Player One, the words are all a blur...

 I have no idea on what you mean apart from Wednesday was pool night.

PhilippineSaint posted this 8 hours ago

The Wifes Bank account has just been hacked luckily no overdraft facility but WTF 

Intiniki posted this 4 hours ago

Originally posted by PhilippineSaint

The Wifes Bank account has just been hacked luckily no overdraft facility but WTF 

 That what she told you?

  • Liked by
  • Saint or sinner
PhilippineSaint posted this 1 hour ago

Originally posted by Intiniki

Originally posted by PhilippineSaint

The Wifes Bank account has just been hacked luckily no overdraft facility but WTF 

 That what she told you?

We will find out when the main branch opens in the morning and somebody can tell us exactly where and when the money left the account.