The male gene is disappearing, question is, who's putting the bins out and stuff ... Thanks science!

  • 91 Views
  • Last Post 5 weeks ago
19 Comments
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Fatso posted this 5 weeks ago

4.6m years left? What a load of shit. Absolute nonsense. 

Goatboy posted this 5 weeks ago

Made me so angry I've ruined my flower arrangement.

SaintBristol posted this 5 weeks ago

 It's rubbish science, at least the headline is.  Just trying to create conversation.

Cobham Saint posted this 5 weeks ago

Originally posted by Goatboy

Made me so angry I've ruined my flower arrangement.

 Hope Bletch is ok. I hear it can chafe if stalks are just thrust into receptacles just willy-nilly

  • Liked by
  • Goatboy
Fatso posted this 5 weeks ago - Last edited 5 weeks ago

 I'm watching Withnail and I on the telly. They got to the house using a map but got a little lost. This is a dying art....surely it will accelerate the erosion of the genes that make us men. I started a new job a few weeks back in an unfamiliar town and I drive each day following the sat nav. My boss told me of a short cut which I've tried to follow but always end up going wrong. I've lost the ability to find my way without technology. My dad used to drive is everywhere around London without ever using a sat nav. Men in those days knew shit. I know nothing. There's an old manics song about how men are mutations of nature.....we can't even do a full xx.

  • Liked by
  • Cobham  Saint
SaintBristol posted this 5 weeks ago

Originally posted by Fatso

 I'm watching Withnail and I on the telly. They got to the house using a map but got a little lost. This is a dying art....surely it will accelerate the erosion of the genes that make us men. I started a new job a few weeks back in an unfamiliar town and I drive each day following the sat nav. My boss told me of a short cut which I've tried to follow but always end up going wrong. I've lost the ability to find my way without technology. My dad used to drive is everywhere around London without ever using a sat nav. Men in those days knew shit. I know nothing. There's an old manics song about how men are mutations of nature.....we can't even do a full xx.

Hey, first off,  Kudos for watching Withnail and I.  Fun fact also I used lived on the same road in Camden that Bruce Robinson based the movie from.  This was  15 years ago so it's probably now worth 1.5 million and owned by a Russian.  Good luck with the new job

SaintBristol posted this 5 weeks ago

Modern tech is making things redundant.  Black cab taxi drivers in London etc.   

SaintBristol posted this 5 weeks ago

What new job do you have and where? 

SaintBristol posted this 5 weeks ago

Sorry,  too much enquiry there 

Fatso posted this 5 weeks ago

I shan't tell you

Cobham Saint posted this 5 weeks ago

Originally posted by Fatso

I shan't tell you

 You can kill him if you do though

Cobham Saint posted this 5 weeks ago

I may be weird but if I need to go anywhere I can spend 10mins looking at a map or AA directions and am happy to pootle off wherever...internal satnav maybe.

Mind you - Can't find my arse from my elbow most days though.

SaintBristol posted this 5 weeks ago

Originally posted by Cobham Saint

Originally posted by Fatso

I shan't tell you

 You can kill him if you do though

 I've tracked his address mate

  • Liked by
  • Cobham  Saint
Dubai_Phil posted this 5 weeks ago

Originally posted by Fatso

4.6m years left? What a load of shit. Absolute nonsense. 

 More like 4.6 years left.

With Trump, Seas of Plastic, Aussie or American Flu, Storm Sillyname next week, Articificial Intelligence and Skynet

  • Liked by
  • Intiniki
  • Saint or sinner
lifeintheslowlane posted this 5 weeks ago - Last edited 5 weeks ago

When we used to drive to the old Wembley for iternationals we never used the North Circular...we used to cut through the back streets of west London using a street map. Never a pause for traffic. We never marked it on the map so always took a new route every time we drove it.

Of course we all had undiluted male genes in those days and map-reading was an innate skill...that and the fact that we'd bring our own boy scout to read it.

Goatboy posted this 5 weeks ago

My navigation skills weren't ruined by the satnav, but when all the pubs started closing down.

Directions always used to consist of: Left at the Duke's Head, just past the Queen's Legs (are they open?) then third right after the Fox and Hounds etc.

  • Liked by
  • PhilippineSaint
  • Saint or sinner
PhilippineSaint posted this 5 weeks ago

Originally posted by lifeintheslowlane

When we used to drive to the old Wembley for iternationals we never used the North Circular...we used to cut through the back streets of west London using a street map. Never a pause for traffic. We never marked it on the map so always took a new route every time we drove it.

Of course we all had undiluted male genes in those days and map-reading was an innate skill...that and the fact that we'd bring our own boy scout to read it.

 You're not Lord Montague are you?

lifeintheslowlane posted this 5 weeks ago

Originally posted by PhilippineSaint

Originally posted by lifeintheslowlane

When we used to drive to the old Wembley for iternationals we never used the North Circular...we used to cut through the back streets of west London using a street map. Never a pause for traffic. We never marked it on the map so always took a new route every time we drove it.

Of course we all had undiluted male genes in those days and map-reading was an innate skill...that and the fact that we'd bring our own boy scout to read it.

 You're not Lord Montague are you?

 No but my feminine side of me accepts he was something of a hero...a victim of '50s homophobia...fitted-up for something he didn't do. .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Douglas-Scott-Montagu,_3rd_Baron_Montagu_of_Beaulieu#Trial_and_imprisonment

pap posted this 5 weeks ago

As we were coming into Portsmouth Harbour from a trip to France, @unionhotel said that this is "where they finally found Lord Montagu".

"Eh?", I said.

"Yeah, they found him bobbing up and down on some buoy", came his reply.

  • Liked by
  • Cobham  Saint