1) At the beginning of a new season a random volunteer will start the match thread.
2) The match thread title will be factual and to the point, no humour is allowed. The day and date of the match that the match thread is started for will clearly be indicated in the thread title.
3) The forum member [pleb] who started the match thread will be responsible for starting the next match thread if Southamtpon FC fail to win the match that the pleb started the previous match thread for.
4) If Southampton FC win the match that the match thread was started for then a random pleb volunteer will start the next thread. The pleb who started the previous match thread will stand down from match thread duties for a time.
4) Cup matches, friendlies and ancilliary team games sit outside of the jurisdiction of the match thread rules and can be started by any pleb.
5) Only ONE match thread will be in existence at any one point
6) The pleb formally know as @Chutney Ferret got lucky with his run of match threads, any opinions that he has regarding future match threads are null and void.
7) Any deviation from the above rules will elicit a visit from a member of the Soviet, handie's may or not be involved in the discussion!
8) Any deviation from the above rules will likely result in Southampton FC losing heavily the match that the match thread was started for.
9) These rules, points 2 and 6 excepting, may be amended without warning.