Tour De France - 2017

• 1K Views
  • Last Post 23 July 2017
BTripz posted this 07 July 2017

CB Saint posted this 16 July 2017

What a ride by Froome. Lost 45 seconds because of a flat with the other GCs going full gas, and somehow clawed his way back on. Could have lost it there

• Liked by
  • Sfcsim
CB Saint posted this 22 July 2017

Chapeau Froome. Kicked Bardets arse in the time trial, almost caught him even with a two minute gap.

great tour

Sfcsim posted this 22 July 2017 - Last edited 22 July 2017

I was hoping Landa was going to get on the podium. 

Areola Grandee posted this 23 July 2017

A problem with this sport that I love, is that Brailsford has brought his 'incremental gains' and win whatever it takes with strategy and guile to make it very effective, but also a bit... bland. 

Sky are turning it a bit into football, having by far the biggest biggest budget enabling them to pay more and have riders as domestiques who would lead, or have a chance of leading at other teams... denying us a bit of spectacle - it has happened in the past within teams. It usually because a young rider develops quicker than expected - Ulrich and Riis springs to mind, but it was much more fun when your one team mate hat licence to attack if stronger.... what if Landa had gone for it? Same with Wiggo a few years back.... Sky are able to control the whole race... and whilst you have to admire their strategy and ability to execute it, it does make for many a dull day... 

• Liked by
  • Rallyboy
CB Saint posted this 23 July 2017

Originally posted by Chutney Ferret

A problem with this sport that I love, is that Brailsford has brought his 'incremental gains' and win whatever it takes with strategy and guile to make it very effective, but also a bit... bland. 

Sky are turning it a bit into football, having by far the biggest biggest budget enabling them to pay more and have riders as domestiques who would lead, or have a chance of leading at other teams... denying us a bit of spectacle - it has happened in the past within teams. It usually because a young rider develops quicker than expected - Ulrich and Riis springs to mind, but it was much more fun when your one team mate hat licence to attack if stronger.... what if Landa had gone for it? Same with Wiggo a few years back.... Sky are able to control the whole race... and whilst you have to admire their strategy and ability to execute it, it does make for many a dull day... 

I'd say that this has been the most unbland tour for years. 

Yeah Sky have there way of riding it, developed scientifically, but that meant shit when AG2R made two breaks with eight riders. 

reckon we might see more of that next year

Rallyboy posted this 23 July 2017

Sky have controlled just about everything, but it has had some interesting moments.

Personally I'd like to see Landa get a surprise leadout today and try to grab a time bonus.

Sfcsim posted this 23 July 2017

So Froome wins the tour, England win the World Cup, now for a Euro 17 win in the football please. 

• Liked by
  • BTripz
  • Rallyboy