Trap Advisor

  • 715 Views
  • Last Post 27 December 2016
CB Saint posted this 28 January 2016

The automated petrol station outside Geneva airport - what the fuck

I was returning the hire car and had to fill up before giving it back. There must have been about a third of a tank left. The stupid automated machine asked how much money 's worth of petrol I wanted to put in before it would start pumping.

Who the fucks know how much fuel you need to put into a unfamiliar car to top it up - invariably you have to err on the side of caution in case you don't fill up enough andt the theiving bastards at the hire company shaft you. The problem with that is you don't end up using all of the the petrol you have paid for and the arsehole petrol company trousers the balance.

 

pap posted this 28 January 2016

Originally posted by CB Saint

The automated petrol station outside Geneva airport - what the fuck

I was returning the hire car and had to fill up before giving it back. There must have been about a third of a tank left. The stupid automated machine asked how much money 's worth of petrol I wanted to put in before it would start pumping.

Who the fucks know how much fuel you need to put into a unfamiliar car to top it up - invariably you have to err on the side of caution in case you don't fill up enough andt the theiving bastards at the hire company shaft you. The problem with that is you don't end up using all of the the petrol you have paid for and the arsehole petrol company trousers the balance.

 Automated pumps are fairly standard in the US.   Unfortunately, if you don't have a ZIP code associated with your card, then you're shit out of luck and have to do the pre-pay thing.

They are much better at sorting out refunds there.   I stupidly pre-paid $40, filled a Ford Focus up for $32 ( about 20 quid, people! ) and ended up getting the rest back.

 

Dubai_Phil posted this 28 January 2016

If any of you ever use those Car Rental Comparison sites that use Car Trawler as their search engine, may I warn you about Easirent.

They come up on sites like Auto Europe, Argus Car Hire & Car Rental.com.

Now, overall they offer a low cost service, the ISSUE is that they have very different T&C's from other renatl companies.

MOST will give you the option at the desk to bring the car back Full. (Of course they TRY and sell you the bring back empty rip off)

The issue with Easirent is they do NOT give you that option. THEY will fill the car, your only option is to pay for a full tank (at THEIR prices) or 30 quid's worth of Fuel (at THEIR quoted cost).

This means two things. For 20 quid you get around 15 litres of fuel, BUT you get off the plane, you wait 30 minutes for a Hoppa Bus to the Hotel they are at and THEN only once you have signed the forms and handed over your credit card do THEY GO AND FILL THE EFFING CAR UP.

Now I am accustomed to queues at Car Rental at Heathrow at busy times, but I have NEVER had to wait an hour and 40 minutes to pick up a car, plus I was the only person in the office when I got there.

Anyways they were a rip off, I did complain to the web company and I now only use Trawler Sites that let you see the rental provider BEFORE you click on PAY NOW

 

Rant over

pap posted this 02 February 2016

Any fucking train with a northerner talking loudly on the phone.

Intiniki posted this 02 February 2016

Originally posted by pap

Any fucking train with a northerner talking loudly on the phone.

 The rammed pack Sunday services from Up North to any army/navy base in the South. How many times I stood in the hall by the loos with us all putting luggage in the loos. Must visit you more Pap. Can't think why it's been so long. 😉

pap posted this 02 February 2016

Originally posted by Intiniki

Originally posted by pap

Any fucking train with a northerner talking loudly on the phone.

 The rammed pack Sunday services from Up North to any army/navy base in the South. How many times I stood in the hall by the loos with us all putting luggage in the loos. Must visit you more Pap. Can't think why it's been so long. 😉

 He has shut up now.   Hopefully his fucking boat is sorted (he sounds like he knows nothing about them).

Don't ever try to get a Friday train out of London to Liverpool, unless you fancy standing until Stafford.

Barry Sanchez posted this 02 February 2016

Halifax, Nova Scotia ferry terminal, Buffalo, New York bus station and the M62.

PhilippineSaint posted this 02 February 2016

Originally posted by Barry Sanchez

Halifax, Nova Scotia ferry terminal, Buffalo, New York bus station and the M62.

 If Halifx Ferry terminal is like the Airport immigration there it will have been a nightmare .

pap posted this 03 February 2016

Originally posted by Barry Sanchez

Halifax, Nova Scotia ferry terminal, Buffalo, New York bus station and the M62.

 I never really have much trouble on the M62.   New York bus drivers probably worse than the station.

CB Saint posted this 03 February 2016

I am going add some balance to one of my previous posts.

Miami airport has improved. If you have an esta, you can now use their automated immigration service. That meant from the seat of the plane to the seat of my hire car it only took one hour. Was very pleasantly surprised.

Bucks posted this 03 February 2016

In a very minor way, thumbs up for the trains at Finsbury Park last night.  After trudging out of the Emirates with half of London, past the ridiiculuous queues for tube stations, the overground entrance at FP was clear.  A train to Kings Cross was sitting there, half empty, with another due in 5 minutes.  It was almost as if someone knew there wa a match on - this integrated transport thing could catch on.   Was back at KX a few minutes later and at Paddington for 22.25.  👍

Goatboy posted this 03 February 2016

Originally posted by CB Saint

I am going add some balance to one of my previous posts.

Miami airport has improved. If you have an esta, you can now use their automated immigration service. That meant from the seat of the plane to the seat of my hire car it only took one hour. Was very pleasantly surprised.

 LAX was like this last summer. I mentioned to bucks and lou last night that I didn't even notice the usual threat of being gang raped by sour faced immigration officials.

  • Liked by
  • Bucks
Goatboy posted this 03 February 2016

The Emirates was smooth last night. Quick to get in and out. Hardly any queues and enough soap/decent hand dryers in the toiletslou_lol

Who would have thunk that's possible eh?

  • Liked by
  • Bucks
Bucks posted this 04 April 2016

Trains screwed at Paddington tonight.  Totally screwed.  In rush hour, as always.  For 30 minutes the announcements say "don't go anywhere else, we are fixing things".   Not a train is moving.  Then they say "nothing will leave for the foreseeable future, you are best making alternative arrangements".

Helpfully, they suggest Marylebone as an alternative. Not that the trains from there go where you want to go. "Oh but remember that you can't get to Marylebone by tube as normal, as the tube station is on day one of four months of work and is shut".

cunting cunts.  Must be run by politicians.

pap posted this 04 April 2016

Nice bump, Bucks.

I would like to add into evidence airports that through pre-meditated design, compel you to walk through a duty free shop to get to the departure gates.

If I see somewhere I would like to spend money, I will probably do so and internally cry about the fleecage.   I don't like spending money in a place where I feel I'm forced to be.

Low-rent shite.  I think the only people getting anything out of it are the people that work there, and fair play to them.   I suspect I'm one of many that won't buy anything from the shop out of a point of principle.   Stand idly by and chat as much shite as you like.

  • Liked by
  • Bucks
Goatboy posted this 05 April 2016

I honestly thought that buying beer from strange and exotic men in Barcelona parks at 2AM would be fraught with danger.

However, they were cold and cheap (the beers you fuckers) and came with the added offer of illicit combustibles.

I'm off to look at some Gaudi shit now.

Laters.

Dubai_Phil posted this 05 April 2016

Originally posted by pap

Nice bump, Bucks.

I would like to add into evidence airports that through pre-meditated design, compel you to walk through a duty free shop to get to the departure gates.

If I see somewhere I would like to spend money, I will probably do so and internally cry about the fleecage.   I don't like spending money in a place where I feel I'm forced to be.

Low-rent shite.  I think the only people getting anything out of it are the people that work there, and fair play to them.   I suspect I'm one of many that won't buy anything from the shop out of a point of principle.   Stand idly by and chat as much shite as you like.

 Jeez don't EVER transit through Dubai Airport then Pap. The Emirates T3 was built as a Mall first and foremost, even for us regular users it is a nightmare of the unslept & unwashed standing staring trying to understand the layout/where the bathrooms are/why there is nowhere to sit/how to find their next gate.

(They left alleyways at the edges of the Mall but most people only find that when they finally find their gate.)

But then from our perspective everyone spends so much at Duty Free (and it is cheap) that it keeps the airport taxes down to a sensible level ;)

ps If you are transiting then IF you can find a way to blag a free airline lounge, the stopover can be very pleasant. There is also a nice Irish Pub. The airport IS way better than most of Heathrow/Doha or Abu Dhabi and also makes Stansted look like a Traveller Camp

Oh that may be because it is

PhilippineSaint posted this 27 December 2016

You should always take the trap that has the lock and one side is not another trap.