Vitesse (A) reaction and news reports

  • 167 Views
  • Last Post 07 August 2015
pap posted this 06 August 2015

 

17 Comments
Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
Ohio Saint posted this 06 August 2015

I voted this down.....Just because I'm an asshole.

  • Liked by
  • BTripz
BTripz posted this 06 August 2015

Didn't have to exert ourselves, good all round solid performance.

Nice to see J-Rod come on, looks as lively as he did before his injury.

#WeMarchOn

pap posted this 06 August 2015

I wasn't impressed with the way Caulker tracked that attacker down the wing.   Kept up with him, but didn't look like he was going to commit in a month of Sundays.   Ended up being a very dangerous cross in.

  • Liked by
  • Halo Stickman
Spudders posted this 06 August 2015

Full time, a birtish team wins away in Europe and BT (BRITISH telecommunications) sports are showing the home fans. Thought that was a bit of a shame, they could have shown a bit more of the saints fans after the whistle.

Furball posted this 06 August 2015

Originally posted by Ohio Saint

I voted this down.....Just because I'm an asshole.

 I voted up because it contained the friggin' score.

  • Liked by
  • Halo Stickman
Spudders posted this 06 August 2015

Originally posted by Furball

Originally posted by Ohio Saint

I voted this down.....Just because I'm an asshole.

 I voted up because it contained the friggin' score.

 I didn't vote it either way as I'm indifferent. 

Coxford_lou posted this 06 August 2015 - Last edited 06 August 2015

Here you go Furball. At your service.

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/732491

http://www.snappytv.com/tc/732351

  • Liked by
  • saintbletch
Sfcsim posted this 06 August 2015

I was very surprised at how easy we made this look. I am still a little confused to how we won so easily? Was it we are really good or they do not have the same team as last season, as they had a pretty handy campaign. This is a serious question, I am a little baffled! 

Halo Stickman posted this 06 August 2015

Originally posted by pap

I wasn't impressed with the way Caulker tracked that attacker down the wing.   Kept up with him, but didn't look like he was going to commit in a month of Sundays.   Ended up being a very dangerous cross in.

 I thought Caulker had some good moments but overall I thought he looked rusty - at least I hope that's all it was - and he would definitely be below Yoshida in the pecking order for the CB position alongside Fonte if I had anything to do with picking the team.

Coxford_lou posted this 07 August 2015

  • Liked by
  • pap
Coxford_lou posted this 07 August 2015

From the Daily Mail:
Southampton will be seeded for Friday's Europa League play-off draw. Saints have the 20th highest UEFA coeffcient of the 44 teams in the draw.
Potential opponents:
Rosenborg, Qarabag, Hajduk Split, HJK, Zorya Luhansk, Atromitos, Molde, Thun, Astra Giurgiu, Dinamo Minsk, Jablonec, Žilina, Midtjylland, Videoton, Brøndby, Vojvodina, Rheindorf Altach, Rabotnički, Milsami Orhei, Odd, Gabala, Kairat



pap posted this 07 August 2015 - Last edited 07 August 2015

BREAKING: Southampton FC are seeded for today's UEFA Europa League play-off round draw and will face one of the following six unseeded sides. #saintsfc

  • Liked by
  • Sfcsim
pap posted this 07 August 2015

The BT Sport host (I don't remember his name and don't want to look it up) was fucking pants, btw.

Called David James "Davis", then said "I'm afraid it's Southampton through and West Ham out"

Why are you afraid you fucking plum?

Fowllyd posted this 07 August 2015

Excellent result - I thought that Vitesse looked a pretty tough draw, so to come through 5-0 on aggregate is brilliant. And I doubt we'll have too much to fear for the play-off round either. Though I see we could be drawn against West Ham's conquerors!

Lovely play by Pelle for the first last night, and a fine piece of opportunist goal-snaffling by Mane at the end. I enjoyed watching the attempted (and failed) rugby tackle on Mane after he'd scored too - and I especially liked the fact that Mane was determined to stay on his feet.

pap posted this 07 August 2015

Originally posted by Fowllyd

Excellent result - I thought that Vitesse looked a pretty tough draw, so to come through 5-0 on aggregate is brilliant. And I doubt we'll have too much to fear for the play-off round either. Though I see we could be drawn against West Ham's conquerors!

Lovely play by Pelle for the first last night, and a fine piece of opportunist goal-snaffling by Mane at the end. I enjoyed watching the attempted (and failed) rugby tackle on Mane after he'd scored too - and I especially liked the fact that Mane was determined to stay on his feet.

Am I alone in detecting a bit of nonchalant swagger from our Senegalese star?   I saw the camera pull close ups several times, and he looked like a man that was trying stuff, sometimes not getting it, but never looking particularly arsed when it failed to occur.  

Very impressed that he was on hand to strike late on in the game.   Think the aforementioned mental attitude had a lot to do with it.

ant posted this 07 August 2015

Oof, ticket allocations are going to be tiny for the next round. Stadium capacities for those teams is only 8,000 - 12,500.

 

I.e. minimum ticket allocation we could be given ranges from 400 to 625... surprised

  • Liked by
  • saintbletch
  • Sfcsim
saintbletch posted this 07 August 2015

Top research there ant !