25 Years old this summer

Earn a middle class wage, live in a middle class house, drive a middle class car, associate with middle class people, I wonder what more you have to do to climb out the gutter? It can’t all be about putting brown sauce on cornflakes.

See how the stinking money grabbing clubs cut back on EVERYTHING?

These poor working class lads have to buy their OWN coffee to take on an airplane because obviously the club are using some form of Ryanair clone

No one who has maids is working class

They could not charge and they’d still be in pocket, they could pay the living wage but they don’t.

Scummy horrible bastards really.

1 Like

I_ts a redistribution of wealth @cb-saint dont forget when I am at work I am available 24 hours per day which over 6 months of the year effectively mean I am doing a 12 hour day evry day of the year. Of course I have to have some assistance when I am at home or how else am I supposed to relax by the pool and bar :lou_lol:_

Many things have now become a “brand” or a “product” Marketing men have taken over the world.

Fuckers!

To put in my tuppence worth… football has become a product of its environment and is so overtly now about generating money, and less so the game itself. At the same time, for me, it highlights the unattractive characteristics of capaitalist western society. Such as the huge pay gap between the teams at the top and those at the bottom of the league and the disproportionate distribution of wealth.

To make a fairly random comparison… take the introduction of the Federal Reserve Act of 1913. A piece of legislation written by bankers to serve and protect their own greedy interests and then pushed through congress by a sennator who was intimately connected to the elite and most likely on the pay roll. Subsequently signed by a president who agreed to do so in exchange for campaign support (funding).

Now compare that to the ironically named - Financial Fair Play. Would you bet against the fact that elite clubs had a hand in writing the rules on that particular shower of shit? Designed to maintain the status quo by the installation of a glass ceiling for other clubs. How the actual fuck have Manchester City spent well in excess of £200m so far, (£130m on fucking full backs!!!) without breaching FFP regulations? Bearing in mind they won’t stop there.

The transfer window has become reminiscent of a feeding frenzy on the African savannah. First, the alpha males, the pride leaders get their turn at the carcass. Then when they have had their fill, the smaller critters get a chance to pick away at whats left. Survival of the fittest in the sporting world. Without salary caps and the like this will forever continue until we reach a point where there is little to no competition within the league, and the big boys break off again and start their own super league.

The money making franchised nature of football is plain for all to see nowadays with the ‘Asia Trophy’ and the US equivalent where most of the ‘top teams’ play each other during pre-season. For me that is madness and is a relatively new phenomenon. Purely aimed at exploiting foreign markets and ramping up demand and in turn TV profits.

It used to be that a team went abroad on tour and played the native teams. Not anymore.

Don’t get me wrong, I am acutely aware that much of my irritation on this subject comes from the fact that I am a born and bred supporter of an unfashionable club that sits outside of the elite, and one who is regularly butchered by the big boy bullies. When the elite clubs can afford to pay shite players like Jesse Lingard £100K per week, we really are fucked and have no logical hope of retaining the services of our best players for any meaningful period of time.

Then there is the media. God I hate the media. The bias is absolutely horrendous. To take one small example, below is a tweet from Adam Blackmore regarding Asmir Begovic’s press conference having sealed a move to Bournemouth. Which surely would be the main talking point?..

Rant over. :laughing:

6 Likes

I think I’ve covered FFP and some on here tried to argue its virtues and how it works, it doesn’t work and the penalties aren’t worth worrying about, football’s pathetic in so many senses.

Proof if you needed it that football is a crock of old bollox. Non-news alert coming up!!

BREAKING NEWS

Sky sources understand Neymar is travelling on a private flight to…London.

A connecting flight to Paris maybe? Or another twist in this transfer saga? At this moment we do not know why but we are trying to find out and will let you know as soon as we do.

FML.

Wow.

Neat move Les helluva way to spend the VVD cash

The EPL is like many 25 year olds - they arrogantly think they know what everyone (the fans) wants and are financially clueless (not sensibly controlling agents / transfer fees)…

1 Like

I look forward to a five second clip of Neymar walking about an airport, being looped for the next twelve hours.

#can’twait

2 Likes

There is no solution…because the revenues generated by the actual number of ‘real’ fans who go to games is so insignificant when compared to the global TV audience and the revenues they generate that they have no voice -no optipon but to bend over and be double penetrated by Murdoch and the PL…

1 Like

Indeed.

Football sold its soul to Murdoch because the money offered was ludicrous, and now the clubs are little puppets that dance when he says.

Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United might say they are big clubs, but if Rupert puts the music on they will jump up just like the rest.

Sad but true.

1 Like

This is exactly the sort of elitist bullshit that I was referring to above. Might as well just fuck the rest of us off boys.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10979474/jamie-carragher-and-jamie-redknapp-assess-last-seasons-premier-league-top-seven

1 Like