60,000 Posts on the Board

Never in the field of internet conflict has some much bollocks been typed by so many twats etc etc. Hats off to all!!!

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Jack-Schitt

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

I did nothing of the sort young lady! I simply shared a personal experience. You two took care of the rest without any assistance from me! Still ā€“ it did make for entertaining, if unexpected viewing! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ha! Just teasing ya, Jack Schitt. :lou_lol:

Though whatā€™s with all the cheesy emoticons?! Have you no self respect? :lou_wink_2:

Plenty, thanks Lou. I also have a lot of respect for others too, and as such, I like to ensure that my posts clearly portray my intentions.

Yā€™see, without that little laughing dude after the first portion of what Iā€™d written, it could come across as if I had an issue with what happened. That astutely placed smiley indicates that on the contrary, I was amused at the way such a heated exchange followed my honest account of what Iā€™d seen, that I was simply passing on as I foolishly assumed that someone might find it interesting information, possibly even worthy of discussion. :lou_wink_2:

I know youā€™re just playing with your emoticon comment, but it is actually something Iā€™ve never really ā€œgotā€ ā€“ just how many people on internet forums actually genuinely hold that opinion about smileys. For me, Iā€™d much rather become known as that soppy twat who uses lots of emoticons, but whose posts can rarely be misunderstood and cause unintentional offence ā€“ than as that stroppy cunt who gets other posters backs up, because I fail to convey intention or tone of voice.

Emoticons add colour and personality to a post, where otherwise it can be pure guesswork to decipher how to take what someone has said on the internet without the aid of visual or sonic clues. In real life, we have our facial expressions and body language to convey irony, humour etc. ā€“ on Sotonians we have, err ā€“ penis heads. :lou_lol:

So basically, if you do not like my use of emoticons , or overly long explanations for their usage when asked ā€“ then you can go fuck yourself!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ah, thatā€™s beautiful.

Iā€™m going to bed now. Knock this one out of the park, Lou.

Iā€™ll watch the home run in the morning.

1 Like

Jack Schitt, much as I appreciate the effort in your response, can I say what a big load of bollocks?

Thatā€™s like saying itā€™s better to have someone laughing hysterically in your face at a little joke, rather than respond with a wry smile or a twinkle in the eye

Thatā€™s like saying you donā€™t trust the quality of your own jokes, so you have to do a daft face too to make sure the audience gets it.

Thatā€™s like saying you donā€™t trust your audience enough to get your joke, or understand the subtleties of your personality so you have to throw in a dumb face just to help them along.

Thatā€™s like saying deadpan humour is impossible on the Internet.

I could go on, but Iā€™m boring myself.

Youā€™re better than this, Jack Schitt! Wean yourself off the 14 year old faces! Penis heads are enough for any grown man! I think you should at least suck it and see!

That certainly wasnā€™t the swing I was expecting.

Is Jack Schitt Michael McIntyre in disguise, luckily weā€™re not in RL because then, if no-one got his jokes, heā€™d scream them at us.

Oh noā€¦did I miss a joke opportunityā€¦again??!

Please fill in for me - Iā€™m rubbish at this stuff!

Well, I thought you were having a laugh.

Creator of penis head emoticons having a go at someone for using them? :lou_smiley:

There are definitely a few gaps in the penis head lexicon.

Never mind Jackā€™s use of emoticons, what Iā€™d like to discuss is his use of two consecutive hyphens to make an em dash.

I quite like it, myself, but would prefer it if Pap could install software that automatically joined the hyphens together, like Word does. :lou_lol:

Also, should there be gaps between letters ā€“ like this?

Or notā€“like this?

Umm, I thought @LouLouMySweet was having a go because he wasnā€™t using them!! :kiss: :blush: :grimacing:

With the space please. And never put a double-space between sentences either; weā€™re not using typewriters.

Right, thisā€™ll have to be a quick one, as Iā€™m briefly in, then soon out again.

Originally posted by @pap

on Sotonians we have, err ā€“ penis heads. :lou_lol:

So basically, if you do not like my use of emoticons , or overly long explanations for their usage when asked ā€“ then you can go fuck yourself!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ah, thatā€™s beautiful.

The post itself Pap ā€“ or, the missed opportunity?!

Originally posted by Coxford_lou

Jack Schitt, much as I appreciate the effort in your response, can I say what a big load of bollocks?

You can, and you did. It didnā€™t even leave a flesh wound. Must scratch harder.

Thatā€™s like saying you donā€™t trust the quality of your own jokes, so you have to do a daft face too to make sure the audience gets it.

I donā€™t trust the quality of my own jokes. Theyā€™re pretty lame usually.

I could go on, but Iā€™m boring myself

Youā€™re not alone Lou. Youā€™re boring me too.

Youā€™re better than this, Jack Schitt!

I sincerely thank you for your confidence in me Lou, but in all honesty, I have to tell you ā€“ Iā€™m really not.

If Sotonians was Adrian Cronauer ā€“ Iā€™d be Lieutenant Steve.

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Originally posted by @pap

That certainly wasnā€™t the swing I was expecting.

Oh noā€¦did I miss a joke opportunityā€¦again??!

Please fill in for me - Iā€™m rubbish at this stuff!

I believe the illustrious Papster was attempting to highlight the opportunity that I missed, to have been truly funny. And the opportunity you missed, not to have fully capitalised on my limp performance.

Imagine if Iā€™d simply swapped the word emoticons for ā€œpenis headsā€ in my final line:

What should have been Originally posted by Jack Schitt

So basically, if you do not like my use of penis heads, or overly long explanations for their usage when asked ā€“ then you can go fuck yourself!

Now that would have been funny. :lou_eyes_to_sky: :lou_facepalm_2:

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

Never mind Jackā€™s use of emoticons, what Iā€™d like to discuss is his use of two consecutive hyphens to make an em dash.

I quite like it, myself, but would prefer it if Pap could install software that automatically joined the hyphens together, like Word does. :lou_lol:

Also, should there be gaps between letters ā€“ like this?

Or notā€“like this?

Thank you sir. It would be good ā€“ but we can only improvise until such basic word processing functions are provided for us. :lou_wink_2:

To address your question ā€“ officially ā€“ it should be without spaces. But that looks shit, so I tend to break the rules where I feel it is necessary to improve upon written aesthetics. I know ā€“ such a rebel.

2 Likes