A violinist has showcased the creepiest messages she’s been sent by men online

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Bucks

Originally posted by @Numptyboi

While many of the comments are indeed very fucked up, the fact she has kept all of them for years and now posted them all means she wins some creepy points too.

Perhaps, but there are still too many batshit mental fucktards around.

To take this thread on a bit and change tack, is anyone prepared to offer up a) their most successful chat up line and b) their most unsuccessful / unpleasant / fucked up chat up line? Either face to face (like in the old days) or on social media or whatever nowadays.

“Ok, let me pay that hospital bill”

Context? And did it work or not?

Hormone treatment. I stopped the cheque anyway. No.

1 Like

I went to uni in Portsmouth. One of the early nights out a young man was propelled towards me by his friends. He said ‘polar bear’ to me. Ah because it ‘breaks the ice’.

Those were the days. Nice and innocent. Later it seemed that some men thought it’s perfectly ok to just grope you in a bar as a chat up line.

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Numptyboi

While many of the comments are indeed very fucked up, the fact she has kept all of them for years and now posted them all means she wins some creepy points too.

Perhaps, but there are still too many batshit mental fucktards around.

To take this thread on a bit and change tack, is anyone prepared to offer up a) their most successful chat up line and b) their most unsuccessful / unpleasant / fucked up chat up line? Either face to face (like in the old days) or on social media or whatever nowadays.

“Ok, let me pay that hospital bill”

Context? And did it work or not?

Hormone treatment. I stopped the cheque anyway. No.

Whaaaat?! More story, Bucks!

Whatever happened to manners?

And maybe knowing someone first before going beyond small talk?

That’s the thing for me, Burp. Like you can go into sexism or theorise about why a bloke would want to put a woman in their pocket, but at the most basic level, I think some of the stuff here and previous stuff we’ve discussed on this forum, is just damn rude! I can’t ever imagine speaking to someone else like that.

1 Like

I was on a 6th form evening at a nightclub in Soton (possibly Thursdays) and spent the night trying to decide if I had it in me to ask a girl that I had fancied for a while for a dance. The DJ duly played some slow tracks. I was unsure and dallied. Eventually, persuaded by mates, I wondered over. “Yes” she said - result! We took to the floor and I sneaked a grin at my mates in the distance. 20 seconds later, the slow track ended and the night reverted to more traditional club tunes. “Oh, thanks then” she said, and went back to her mates. Gutted. The end.

I don’t think I’ve ever actually been chatted up. I’ve been shouted at plenty in the street. Or just had weird experiences, like the other day when this guy was exaggerated staring at my legs and did this weird guttural noise as he passed me, and when I looked back at him in disgust, he was still staring my legs.

But never formal proper nice nervous complimentary chat up lines. Says a lot about me I guess.

Sorry to say that’s not what ‘Polar Bear’ is…

:lou_surprised: :lou_surprised: :lou_surprised: :lou_surprised:

Only Chertsey would know this stuff…

Chertsey’s always been a leg man.