😢 😃 Actual cheerful nice stories that may give you hope in people

3 Likes

that is one hell of a drive!

1 Like

Well, you know what they say. See Naples and die… :grin:

Came pretty close to it that day. :expressionless:

1 Like

many moons ago I went on holiday with my mum, two aunts and an uncle to Italy. We started at my aunt and uncle’s 25th Wedding anniversary in Rome (where they live) and then a road trip to Venice. We did stop off halfway there. It was quite enjoyable. No one killed each other (close though). It was when we got to Venice that one of the aunts then tells us she doesn’t like boats :woman_facepalming:
We initially headed to the wrong hotel on the wrong island too. Eventually made our way to the correct place where I spent a good 10 minutes on the phone to a taxi driver trying to tell him (in Italian) where we were. I kept saying the name of the town rather than exactly where we were. It had been a long day. By the time I checked us into the hotel I was done in but the receptionist said my Italian was very good. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I love that area along the Amalfi coast. And that view over the bay of Naples… :heart_eyes: Capri is spectacular too.

1 Like

sadly not been down that far. We did Cinque Terre last year and I’d planned to go all the way down to Naples. Another time.

1 Like

Me too…on a fuckin’ pedestrian crossing. :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve driven and walked in the centre of Naples.

That accounts for my grey hair.

2 Likes

There in October…Palmaria.

6 Likes

That’s actually just fucking weird and the sender is clearly mentally unhinged.

3 Likes

It was all going so well…
Captain Tom is now #1 in the charts.
Gonna have to listen to that bloody song everywhere

This is nice.

And it’s a win/win, because getting the little brat pissed by 10am makes the father’s job of looking after him easier as well. Plus, the dad gets to play with the train set :+1::+1:

Bus-tival is on now I believe.

1 Like
7 Likes

Calais Racing Union: The amateur team that went to Coupe de France final - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52553649

In praise of Marcus Rashford

Lineker summed it up well from a few days ago…

This is his record during the pandemic

And this morning he is urging those of us who can reach out to our MPs to forward this to them…

Please, if you have a means to raise this with your MP, consider doing it.

6 Likes

Those pages in a hopefull easier to read format…

6 Likes