Acupuncture: is it a load of old pony?

He was able to tell if I had children or not just by feeling my pulse!

The thing I always wonder about with alternative medicine is the placebo effect. Are you really getting better? And if so, is it because of the chemical properties of the alternative medicine you’ve taken, or is it because you’ve bought into it psychologically and your body happens to be able to repair itself, perhaps doing so a little bit better because of your state of mind? If you do come through the experience feeling better, do all of those questions even matter?

Acupuncture seems relatively harmless compared to some of the other cure-alls.

i wonder how many mums he has come idly into his shop on a monday, on their own, with nothing better to do than investigate acupuncture, and £56 spare to waste on flavoured tea?

1 Like

Also, anyone got any objections if I change the thread title and move Lou’s post into the OP?

1 Like

Originally posted by @pap

The thing I always wonder about with alternative medicine is the placebo effect. Are you really getting better? And if so, is it because of the chemical properties of the alternative medicine you’ve taken, or is it because you’ve bought into it psychologically and your body happens to be able to repair itself, perhaps doing so a little bit better because of your state of mind? If you do come through the experience feeling better, do all of those questions even matter?

Acupuncture seems relatively harmless compared to some of the other cure-alls.

Has anyone else had acupuncture before?

I’m sure you’re right about placebo, because in the supermarket on my home tonight I went straight to the fish and broccoli section. So it will not exactly be the most robust research.

Originally posted by @Bearsy

i wonder how many mums he has come idly into his shop on a monday, on their own, with nothing better to do than investigate acupuncture, and £56 spare to waste on flavoured tea?

I said “children or not” !!!

i put a staple through my thumb one time.

1 Like

I’m surrounded by pricks Lou. Does nothing for my health.

1 Like

Avoid at all costs. £56 on flavoured water is a slippery slope. It’ll be £400 dehydrated bear(sy) penis before you know it.

I am feeling a bit foolish now. The herbs will only last a week ! If I decided they were effective, I’d then have a £200 monthly bill !! :slight_frown:

it’s interesting question tho: can you tell if a bird has had kids just by putting a prick in her?

maybe a poll or something?

1 Like

How wood putting a poll in her help?

1 Like

Pole?

1 Like

yeah ok if it’s pole she prob has. Maybe just start with pencil.

:laughing: <- see rubbish! I wanted it to look like I’m crying with laughter, but instead I look I’ve just had an enema :frowning:

1 Like

Yes

Imagine if it was your job to handle the dehydration of Bear’s penis.

Personally, if I was responsible for sucking all the fluid out of Bear’s penis, I’d probably resign, or gag.

I’d wager Bearsy’s penis is as dry as a bone anyway. Probably just snap off.

pls everyone stop betting on the hydration level of my penis

By replacing the hip flask with £56 worth of tea, you might find you are more stable on your feet, so money well spent in my opinion.

1 Like