Alan Rickman RIP

Going to watch Galaxy quest tonight , love that film. Should be far better known than it is

2 Likes

Some excellent tributes out there from the people that have worked with Rickman over the years. Sounds like a lovely chap and a huge loss. Daniel Radcliffe revealed that Rickman attended all of his premieres and gave him support.

One of my favourites was posted by Jason Mewes (Jay out of Jay and Silent Bob).

2 Likes

Shame.

RIP.

Galaxy Quest was awesome last night , well worth a watch if you haven’t seen it. Fell in love with Sigourney Weaver all over again.

I know its cheesy but Love Actually will be on the cards tonight , still feel that is one of the most beautifully crafted British comedies ever. The Rickman/Thompson relationship is one of the most powerful in the whole piece.

Then Die Hard for Saturday I think.

The more I hear about the bloke the more respect I have for him , sounds like a genuinely nice guy who was constantly trying to give back and did a ton of charity work

My only problem with Love Actually is the PM and common bird story line and the castring of that moon faced strumpet from the soaps.

Die Hard was on last night, watched it just for the Rickman parts.

There was a clip on SAM Fm last night from an interview with Charlene Spiteri, she danced the tango with Rickman in one of Texas’ videos, and she said that he was a genuinely nice guy. She reckons her hairstyle in the video inspired Rickamn’s hairstyle when he played Snape in the Hairy Botter films (linky thing)

2 Likes

A genuinely good actor. Love Galaxy Quest and Truly, Madly, Deeply. Saw him once live and boy could he hold an audience.

Cancer is a random b*tch and has taken two of my friends and has affected my family. Sooner we have a cure the better.

4 Likes

Assuming there is some kind of afterlife reckoning, I hope Rickman introduces himself as “Clay. Bill Clay” to whichever supernatural entity responsible for admission.

2 Likes

Utterly agree - aside from that vignette its a classy film