Aldi

Originally posted by @Bearsy

I did go in a Poundshop one time, and found it to be a v.worthwhile experience, because one of the old weird looking grumblies you see shopping there spat in my girlfriend’s mouth + I could hardly breathe for laughing for like 20 minutes!

Do you call your girlfriend’s mouth ‘the honey pot’?

Argh! Busted. I do have a confession though. Although I dont shop at ALDI we did buy our current house from the guy that did the 5 bird roast ALDI Christmas ad a few years ago, so that is a kind of link I guess. He was also the official Father Christmas for Harrods for many years and we saw his costume hanging up when we first viewed the house. A couple of days after we moved in a lady knocked to welcome us to the village. She said her name was Mrs Christmas and I laughed and said good joke as we had bought Father Christmas’s house but she persisted until the joke wasnt funny any more. Turned out her name really was Vera Christmas! Fuck, forgot that the word XXXXX has been banned for now!

1 Like

I hope not. That is the name of an entertainment establishment not too far from me, the kind that opens from 7pm to 5am and has blacked out windows.

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

I dont know if anyone saw Dispatches last night but it cast the working practices of ALDI in a very shabby light. No clear sell by dates on their produce. Mouldy food on the shelves. Avoidance of Health & Safety practices. Poor staff conditions (expecting them to work 15 minutes a day more before the start of their shifts for no pay for example). Everything is done to drive down costs at the expence of the customer care and good working practices. I have only been in one ALDI store. I went in there twice because I couldnt believe how poor it was the first time. I can see why people shop there. The prices are cheap. They are cheap for a reason though and you get what you pay for. German efficiency? Yep, and take a look at VW. :wink:

Half of this is standard practice for any decent company looking to make a buck. Welcome to Capitalist Heaven where you work to die.

Thing is, what other food supermarket can you buy an electric pole chainsaw for £39.99?

3 Likes

I just went to ALDI for first time EVA to see what you bros is on about! It was quite interesting! At first it seemed like normal supermarket, but small, which is Good cos it’s a Timesaver compared with i.e. Sainsbury where I have to spend 20 minutes comparing 50 different types of Tomatoes before I make my decision, in ALDI they just have one barrel marked 2MATO and that is what you get. The other thing I liked was I kept seeing familiar products, and I was like, oh sweet, Pringles yo! but then I looked closer and they weren’t really Pringles, they were just packaged like Pringles, and was actually some thing called Spackers, or something like that. I also was buying a pack of Mince Pies but then I realised they were actually Minge Pies, so I got 2 packs yo mmmm.

The people who work at ALDI tho, they’re so rude! When I went to tills I took my time trying to find a checkout girl I would like to bang, and it was difficult cos I had to wait for the shift change, but I got one eventually, but when I got to the front, I started with my normal chatting, “Oh hello, how r u, have u work here long at ALDI?” and the bird ignored me completely + just started throwing - literally throwing! - food at me! But there wasn’t even room + it all started piling up + falling off and then she suddenly looked up at me furiously and goes, “What are you doing? Hurry up!”

Hurry up!!! WTF! I don’t even work there who is she to tell me to Hurry Up! I was like Fuck You! Give me some Bags! And she was like Ur not allowed to Bag, you have to do ur Bagging At Home, or something like that, and then the Manager come across and it all got a bit confusion.

Worked out alright in the end tho. They only charged me like £30 for my whole Shop! Suckers!

3 Likes

Sounds like the beginning of a beautiful series: ‘Bearsy Investigates the Lives of Proles’.

1 Like