All Hallows Eve

What flavour?

No,that’s pampas grass.Um, so i’m led to believe.

I dislike Halloween.

Kids and Parents at my door : “Trick or treat Mister!”

Me : “Neither”

Parents : “Miserable bastard!”.

Next day at school gate.

Me : “Want a sweet, kiddie?”

Same Parents : “Pervert!”

Obv i didn’t do that school gate thing, but it was fun putting the scenario to others at work yesterday, reinforcing the widely held view in the office that I’m a cunt.

5 Likes

The other odd thing is how kids dress up to go trick-or-treating. We passed kids dressed as princesses, Buzz Lightyear and the like. It was like they hadn’t made any kind of effort at all.

Some of my boys’ friends had been told they couldn’t go out because it was ‘dangerous’. More like, their parents couldn’t be arsed wandering around, knocking on total strangers’ doors.

As opposed to one night, it seems to be going on longer now. The local had a halloween party night last Friday and kept the deccies up until Monday. We had a quiz night in the local hall on Saturday and it was given a halloween make over. We only had one family round trick or treating on monday evening but have been making an effort over the last few years to get into the spirit of the thing by putting a few spooks and pumpkins out. Its just a bit of fun. It isnt just a North American thing. Many cultures celebrate a Day of the Dead, although I agree that the Yanks have turned it into a massive money making venture.

I answer the door dressed like this

2 Likes

I think it has accelerated over the years, my local had a Halloween disco on Saturday for the kids, the Halloween makeover was kept until Monday night.

Last year, as Halloween was a Saturday, the Disco and deccies were only there for the Saturday.

Not sure what they’ll do next year but I do enjoy it.

One thing I have noticed different between us and the yanks is that we i the UK seem to go for horror fancy dress where as the Yanks just seem to go for fancy dress. Weird!!

4 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

I answer the door dressed like this

That’s nothing, My mrs puts this lot on - takes 6hours!

2 Likes

Not sure how widely known this is, but makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Northern Ireland ain’t big on November 5th celebrations. Hallowe’en takes its place as the big autumn happening. That’s when they have their fireworks.