All is dream

Originally posted by @pap

Nah, with the country. When Blair took office, the Cold War was over, Thatcher had gone and we were at peace with just about everybody.

Oh c’mon Pap. If you’re going to criticise Blair, then do so, but no need to create a fictional world around it.

What part of what I wrote was fictional?

Who were we are war with in 1997?

Does a humanitarian effort in 1999 qualify? Or absolve him of his alleged war criminality?

One of us is going to have a lot of pie to eat when Chilcott is finally published. Humble, I believe the flavour is.

One of us is going to have a lot of pie to eat when Chilcott is finally published. Humble, I believe the flavour is.

Well, given I’ve never expressed my actual thoughts on Blair - from his positive achievements to his negative, I’m not sure how you would be able to come to that conclusion. My reaction so far has only been about the extremity of the Labour supporters reaction to him.

Anyway, gotta fly. I’ll save this for another time!

What part of what I wrote was fictional?

Who were we are war with in 1997?

Does a humanitarian effort in 1999 qualify? Or absolve him of his alleged war criminality?

Oh my sides.

I have read some brilliant posts on Saints related innerweb forums, from the tantrums from the Mountains of Middle Europe to the gems of our own Colin McRae Boy.

But I have to say THAT one line is the funniest thing I have ever read.

Chilcott? Published?

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, such naivety still exists in the world.

:cool:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Coxford_lou

Well, given I’ve never expressed my actual thoughts on Blair - from his positive achievements to his negative, I’m not sure how you would be able to come to that conclusion. My reaction so far has only been about the extremity of the Labour supporters reaction to him.

Anyway, gotta fly. I’ll save this for another time!

You’ve stepped in to defend him on a few occasions now. I am no Sherlock Holmes, but be that as it may, I deduct a supporter.

I was too. I stayed up far too late in 1997 watching the results come in. What followed was extremely disappointing, particularly on the foreign policy front. Wars of aggression are extreme. Enabling acts are extreme. Labour supporters that believe we shouldn’t be entering illegal wars, and that those that take us down that path should be prosecuted according to international law, are not extreme.

I’ve just seen the news, sadly.

The long overdue report into the illegal war in Iraq has been eaten by Lord Chilcot’s faithful Basset Hound, Trudi.

Weighing in at over 3 kilos, the report, which was expected to conclude that Tony Blair is a bastard war criminal, was left carelessly in Sir John’s kitchen next to a half-open bag of Winalot Mixer.

The report was due in 2012, but its release was set back a year while Sir John went on a fact-finding tour of the Maldives.

A further release date was set for October 2014, but the deadline was missed after Sir John’s HP Inkjet printer suffered a catastrophic paper jam.

Trudi said, “I’d really like to apologise to the millions of bereaved mothers waiting to see this cunt brought to justice, but if I see something lying on a kitchen work surface, there’s a fair chance it’s going to end up in my mouth.”

“Woof.”

Oh well. Pets. Can’t be helped :smile: