Are Labour sitting on the fence over Ken Livingstone?

I was more concerned with the premise that a group of ppl who can afford to have 3 kids are genetically different to the ppl who can’t. Surprised to see pap put it forward tbh.

Even this government presently thinks so. Even with the two child restriction, tax credits are by definition, technically paying for kids their parents can’t afford on the combined wages of their parents.

I want like many parents to give my kids the best I can, why have more than you can afford, selfish.

Is it fair for people to be able to afford more children than they can ever have.

Is this all the fault of Ken Livingstone? If not, why not?

No.

Perhaps because

1. north of 90% of the world is born poor, largely due to the considerations of the rich

2. siblings are one of the best gifts a parent can give to their child.

3. one of them could be the next Einstein/Messi/whatever.

4. we give a shit about humans.

I understand that 1-4 may be alien to you.

So you’re skint but you gamble on your next child being Albert Einstein? You are a fucking alien with that thought process.

So it was just Einstein’s parents that got the benefit of his brain, eh?

Originally posted by pap

I understand that 1-4 may be alien to you.

Confirmed.

What are you on about, having more children than you afford is selfish and unfair on the children.

I thought for one brief moment this was going to be a reasonable and well argued thread…

:lou_facepalm_2:

4 Likes

@cobham-saint the eternal optimist.

4 Likes

True @saint-or-sinner - I really should know by now

:lou_lol:

2 Likes

I’m all for sterilizing the poor too. Scum.

2 Likes

This is why you lot get violated in elections.

People argue against X, Y or Z increase in tax-and-spend, you lefties find the most emotional straw-man you can and run with it - whilst the vast majority of people roll their eyes and give an indifferent sigh with perhaps an “oh fucks sake” thrown in.

Bollocks to that. My sister’s alright I guess but a dog and a Playstation would have been far cooler.

Is it fair that the size of a family should be dictated by the size of their income? What happens if someone is made redundant and gets a job on a smaller salary. Do they have to give up some of their kids?

5 Likes

Do you see, @barry-sanchez ? Do you see?

What is your answer Barry? That we means test everyone that wants children? Do we take an average salary, work out how much a kid costs to raise and allow people that many children each? Do we let the rich have lots of children and the poor one each?

My fucking speedboat has been seized, I see that and Raymond is going to get it when I see him.

No, of course not it simply comes down to education and dignity.