Arsenal Quarter Final Build up and Match Thread

1 Like

I can’t see us not failing to not lose this one. Lump on srs, I will cover all losing bets.

I can’t wait to see what team the bell puts out.

1 Like

I am in Soho drinking beer. If you see someone unable to negotiate the turnstiles it’s probably me.

1 Like

Hold up kids we’ve a crazy one here.

1 Like

Food ordered, Bazza. Crisis averted.

Just be careful out there crazy horse.

Oh dear, experience has shown that too much drink before food doesn’t work. The food just stays flaoting over the booze and doesn’t soak it up, it’ll still get absorbed into your system.

Food first, always

And for those that care I am going to a Shakespeare School Festival tonight to see my son spout 5 lines. I know of 2 locations where I’d much rather be

1 Like

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

I can’t wait to see what team the bell puts out.

Word. When the police raided Barry Bennell’s house he had this game marked in bold on his calender srs

2 Likes

CĂ©dric Soares ‏@ OficialCedric 37s37 seconds ago

There’s only one way to face tonight’s game: win and move to the next round! # SaintsFC # WeMarchOn

7 Likes

Quite a lot will depend on just how good Arsenal’s unknowns/youth players are

Two years ago the name ‘Bellerin’ on the teamsheet said nothing but ‘unknown-academy-kid-look-how-seriously-Arsenal-aren’t-taking-this’. You then found out that he was actually quite good and today he’s the best right-back in the league by quite some distance. Similar stuff with Fabregas back when he was breaking into the first-team at Arsenal.

Still, I honestly think we’ll win. Arsenal apparently won’t have Sanchez, Walcott, Giroud or Ozil and when you combine that with the fact that they’re clearly not that arsed about the whole tournament until/unless they find themselves in the final I really think they’ll be there for the taking.

Arsenal’s last three home League Cup games against Premier League opposition have ended in defeat, with just one goal scored.

The Gunners have progressed from just one of their last five League Cup quarter-finals, last doing so in 2010-11 with a 2-0 win over Wigan.

maybe, just maybe and if we do, can we get Hull please.

The team they’ve put out has an average age of about 12, reckon we’ll smash them :+1:

Southampton team vs Arsenal

Starting XI: Forster, Martina, Yoshida, van Dijk ©, Bertrand, Davis, Reed, Clasie, Boufal, McQueen, Long.

Substitutes : Lewis, CĂ©dric, Stephens, Ward-Prowse, HĂžjbjerg, Rodriguez, Sims.

Arsenal team vs Southampton

Starting XI: Martinez, Gibbs ©, Holding, Gabriel, Jenkinson, Elneny, Coquelin, Ramsey, Reine-Adelaide, Iwobi, Perez

Subs: Macey (GK), Mavididi, Maitland-Niles, Bola, Bielik, Xhaka, Oxlade-Chamberlain

I thought it was on TV, what now any blag suggestions?

watch it here

1 Like

Originally posted by @Fatso

watch it here

A gent.

Interesting team selection!!

CLASIE
haha, his first goal for Saints
0 - 1