Bearsy Presents "Ask Redslo Stupid and/or Pointless Questions'

I think you underestimate the importance of the identity of the President of the United States to everyone in the world, even if they would like to pretend it isn’t that important.

3 Likes

By some quirk of space-time fuck-uppery, you’re in a room with Hitler* and Trump.

You have a gun.

You have one bullet.

There are three people in the room.

Who gets to leave the room, and are you then able to sleep at night?

*Bletch is playing his Godwin’s Law - This Card may be Kept Until Needed or Sold card early in the thread.

And this is exactly why the rest of the world hates the Americans as they are to full of there own importance.

Redslo not everyone else in the world cares who the president of the USA is. The same as most Americans couldnt care less who the prime minister of the UK was. 90% of the time it will have no effect on them. the other 10% Meh.

The fact that someone mistakenly believes that the identity of the president of the united states does not matter to them does not make it true. I am concerned about the dangerous authoritarian who is in charge of Russia right now. I am concerned that the current leader of Germany is someone who is so afraid of inflation that she is allowing the EU to be torn apart by blocking the sensible economic steps that would have allowed the European economy to recover from the recession years ago. For that matter, I am concerned that the current prime minister of England is a fool who believes austerity is a sensible policy in a financial crisis caused recession when interest rates are at the lower bounds. I am concerned that the current leader of North Korea may decide to start tossing nukes around and I greatly wish they had someone less crazy in charge there.

If you think that electing Donald Trump to head the most powerful military in the world and to be president of the country with the biggest economy given his blistering ignorance of almost anything a president should know is a matter of little import to you or anyone else in the world tells me more about your judgment than it does anything else.

That being said, you did seem to acknowledge that the identity of the US president might matter to you 10% of the time. Trust me. Trump would be in that 10% even if Hillary Clinton would not.

6 Likes

I would not shoot Hitler because good as it might seem, I think the risk of playing with the time line is too great. (Maybe in a Hitler free world the US and the USSR would have engaged in an all out nuclear war.) I would not shoot Trump because I don’t believe I should be the person to introduce assassination as a major part of American politics and I believe that if a Democrat killed Trump, there are plenty of Republicans who would start killing Democratic politicians. (By plenty, I mean a few dozen which would be enough to get the ball of chaos rolling.) I would not kill myself because I am not yet ready to die.

So I guess we all get the leave the room. I would take the gun and the bullet to stop Trump and Hitler from doing anything stupid. I would probably sleep ok after some tossing and turning on the first few nights after this truly peculiar experience.

4 Likes

Have you ever lost a biscuit in tea due to over dunkage?

Bourbons or Custard Creams?

As said previously Americans presuming they know what is right for the world.

Redslo you Americans do not run the world. You may have the biggest economy and the best equipped army, not the biggest. Why do you all insist on enforcing what you think is right for the world on everybody else?

This should now go into the Beef thread and let this thread go back to your questions :slight_smile:

Just as I thought, Redslo is a Trump-loving Nazi.

If you weren’t American, and could have chosen your own nationality, what breed would you be?

4 Likes

Does the universe as a complete entity have a point?

Or is a load of random big bang bollocks?

What?

Originally posted by @PhilippineSaint

Originally posted by @pap

What?

The Big Bang, just for clarity.

Is the universe there for a reason? Or is it just entropy?

1 Like

Since this dispute started from my assertion that a question about the identity of the next american persident was neither stupid or pointless I am not sure how any of your arguments refute my point. On the other hand, our debate may well have reached the stupid and pointless stage. I will let you have the last word if you want it and get on with my life.

Have you ever lost a biscuit in tea due to over dunkage?

No. I do not drink tea very often or very recently (possibly 20 times in my life) and, assuming I understand what a biscuit is, I would never dunk a cookie into tea.

Assuming that I know what both these things are, Custard Creams becasue I do not drink alcohol.

If you weren’t American, and could have chosen your own nationality, what breed would you be?

This question is pointless but not stupid so I guess I have to answer it. But it is difficult. Am I the same person but put into a different environment–in which case I have to be a native of a country that speaks English, but that is ridiculous. Do I have my current desire to live in a warm, but not hot, climate in which case it is hard to replicate California if I also want to have the option of a life style vaguely comparable to the middle class american life style I now have. Will I have been born at the same time in which case it would rule out someplace like Spain because I would not choose to grow up under Franco.

I ended up finding this site

https://www.quora.com/What-places-in-the-world-have-the-most-similar-climate-to-California

Based on that I would say Adelaide or Perth, Austrialia or the South of France.

The Big Bang, just for clarity.

Is the universe there for a reason? Or is it just entropy?

I do not think the universe has an externally generate meaning or purpose. I think that any purpose it might have is generated by the inhabitants of the universe. I suspose that means that it is just entropy but the word “just” is, I think, unwarranted. The whole shebang is pretty amazing.

Originally posted by @BTripz

And the winner of the most stupid question is…

Everyone knows it is digestives. Derrrrrr.

Have you ever caught your winkle in your fly?

I like Redslo

4 Likes

Have you ever caught your winkle in your fly?

Not that I remember. I usually wear pants without flies these days. Possibly I did when I was a kid.

I like Redslo

Technically not a question, but thank you.

Originally posted by @Redslo

Assuming that I know what both these things are, Custard Creams becasue I do not drink alcohol.

Bourbon

Custard Cream