Big Fat Sam - Telegraph Sting

Is Trampoline trying to get training for that ?

images upload

I’m already on the case :+1::money_with_wings:

2 Likes

Oh look.

FA & FIFA were supposed to be investigating some of these shenanigans…

…So there you have it. The FA and Fifa were given something vastly more valuable than the loose claims of an ex-football agent and convicted match fixer, talking over dinner in central Manchester. They were handed the fruits of a rigorous and forensic financial investigation, led by one of the most senior ex-police officers in the land, and yet lacked either the curiosity or the concern to look just a little deeper. So the cases went unsolved. Corruption in football might be a problem. But the indifference of those tasked to tackled it has been just as much a scandal. We don’t need Pino Pagliara to tell us that.

1 Like

There was an article along the same lines in the Guardian yesterday. Whatever way you look at it, appointing Allardyce to the England job when there were serious and unanswered questions ove tranfers conducted during his time as Bolton manager was foolhardy. Yes, the FA had passed the buck to FIFA and then chosen to leave it all to gather dust, but could anyone really have imagined that it wouldn’t all resurface again, or that their man was always going to be susceptible to offers of a nice, but very dubious, little earner?

Eric Black next announced…oh dear.

Can’t see Saints giving the benefit of the doubt if there is any hint of wrong doing

BBC Sport headline:

“Peter Coates: Stoke chairman says football never been cleaner”

I’m assuming he means Stoke’s match day football doesn’t have any dirt on it - otherwise the bloke is clearly off his rocker…

Must be from Villa, surely he has no influence on transfer discussions as our assistant manager? Black box etc, anyway - next Assistant Manager sweepstakes?

2 Likes

Heres the link.

Singing “Eric’s getting sacked in the morning”…

If Black said this whilst being in the pay of SFC he should be gone in the morning at the very minimum with the requirement of a public apology.

To be honest, it looks a bit dramatic because of the context and the undercover camera. He doesn’t actually say anything legally incriminating and is being lead, quite clumsily by the reporter.

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

BBC Sport headline:

“Peter Coates: Stoke chairman says football never been cleaner”

I’m assuming he means Stoke’s match day football doesn’t have any dirt on it - otherwise the bloke is clearly off his rocker…

He’s about to find out its clearly not with an ex Stoke manager and the present one set to be named .

What bollocks have the fishy few put out already.

must be along the lines of; we are corrupt to the core and its all be going on since we blagged the free stadium from Aviva

Black’s undercover sting doesn’t exactly look like Watergate!

Presumably he has said something silly there in amongst the dull chit chat, and if so he’ll be off - and rightly so.

Kind of annoying tbh, here we are on a fantastic run the back room team have obviously gelled and now there will be disruption in the Management Structure.

Again, tough one for Saints no doubt this was done before he came to us but that won’t save him, Hope his pension plan is up to date as I doubt anyone implicated in this mess will work in football again, #newbroom

I am not sure this was very long ago DP. I saw something this morning saying it was filmed at the Limewood Hotel (in the new Forest) and that it took place in early September? I might be wrong but it looks very recent

Can Sammy Lee speak French?

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Bucks

I am not sure this was very long ago DP. I saw something this morning saying it was filmed at the Limewood Hotel (in teh new Forest) and that it took place in early September? I might be wrong but it looks very recent

Yeah, I was going to point this out as well, the article says he stays in local hotels as he still lives/has a house in Brum…

It’s either not as serious as people are making out, or much more serious.

I’ve tried to personalise this a bit, work out what I’d have to do in my line of work to do similar. It ain’t much. The world of IT is governed by as much crap as anything else, some of it hugely annoying.

“Hey Paul, don’t we have to wait ages because we’ve got this really onerous change process. Is there any way it can be sped up?”

“Hey, this work isn’t approved, but I really need it done. Can you do it instead of whatever else you’re doing?”

Doing either could get me the sack. I’ve routinely done both.

Put rules in place and people will break them. It shouldn’t be a surprise that those within the system know the fault-lines better than anyone else.