👨 👨🏽 👨🏿 Black Lives Matter protest

I feel we are going off track here.

Using it in that context then neither are black people

2 Likes

I’ve now witnessed two great forum moments.

1. Pap recently told me to change the record.

2. Barry feels we are getting off track.

I just need Bearsy to say that’s a bit rude and Bletch to downvote for cursing and we have the full set.

10 Likes

You’re still missing the point re the ‘Black Music awards’… or are you not talking about the MOBOs?

There are also ‘Country Music Awards’ which harshly ostracise all Classical music, shame on them.

It’s a genre thing, not a race thing.

2 Likes

Brought to you by the combined efforts of the Conservative Party propaganda department :lou_lol:

Needless to say, I don’t share your assessment of the situation. I sat and wondered what it would take for me to engage in such behaviour. Why on Earth would I ever choose to shit on my own doorstep, do in the local shops and business owners and generally fuck up my community.

The only rationale I could conjure was if I didn’t feel it was mine in the first place. The riots weren’t just pure criminality. They were a reflection of people not having a stake in or respect for society, ultimately thinking “fuck it”.

I think you need to get to the bottom of that before you can start ascribing reasons for it. It’s really not normal, and not the sign of a healthy society.

2 Likes

Who are you describing Mark Duggan or a community? The riots were opportunistic and nothing like the race riots seen before, looting and robbing your own hardly virtuous is it Pap?

Fucking hell Rallyboy, something strange is going on. I’m strangely disagreeing with Pap’s post and agreeing with Barry…have clearly been in the sun too long

:lou_wink:

Originally posted by @Barry-Sanchez

Who are you describing Mark Duggan or a community? The riots were opportunistic and nothing like the race riots seen before, looting and robbing your own hardly a virtuous is it Pap?

Barry. Genuine question.

Can you read, sir?

My entire last post was about trying to get into the head of someone that would do that.

It comes down to a lack of respect, often exacerbated by having no stake in society, amplified by the fact that we’ve become a load of individualistic materialistic cunts that think having things leads to happiness.

Originally posted by @pap

Who are you describing Mark Duggan or a community? The riots were opportunistic and nothing like the race riots seen before, looting and robbing your own hardly a virtuous is it Pap?

Barry. Genuine question.

Can you read, sir?

My entire last post was about trying to get into the heads of someone that would do that.

It comes down to a lack of respect, often exacerbated by having no stake in society, amplified by the fact that we’ve become a load of individualistic materialistic cunts that think having things leads to happiness.

By softly excusing it, how do you know they have no stake in society? If you read my post if you can read that is I stated opportunistic and you could have easily put that in there instead of your usual shite waffle.

I’ve compared housing prices with what people can expect to make.

Colour shouldn’t come into it, urban music by and large is absolute shit anyway and puts itself into boxes it so wants to break out from or to be perceived as.

Pap are you or have you ever been a social worker? You can dress up the riots any which way you like, but it wasn’t just your disenfranchised yoof, but a wide cross section of people and ages - some of whom were found to have that stake in society. It may have started out as a protest but quickly became a loot-fest. You seem to be seeing what you want to see to fit your own world view (just as I am no doubt).

2 Likes

As someone slightly to the left, I’d still want to hear some pretty convincing explanations to stop me wanting looters executed.

I’m well aware that there were so-called middle class types joining in the fray.

Is it your contention that these people would have started lobbing bricks through Laura Ashley windows to get a mirror engraved jewellry box without the spark?

I personally don’t think so, or we’d see more of this thing in Chipping Norton.

Yes, there was an element of crowd contagion. Couldn’t have happened without the spark or all those other people, who do qualify.

link?

Bites lip and walks away from this thread! :lou_facepalm_2:.

The ignorance is just, well nuts!

I would not even know where to start for the reasons they are protesting, as it goes back so far in history and there are so many reasons. Don’t think the shit that happens in America or the American films does not happen here. It is not on the same level as shootings, but the discrimination is out their every day on so many levels.

5 Likes

Er, possibly because we don’t have capital punishment for theft and/or criminal damage?

And if sir doesn’t mind me asking, to the left of whom? :grimacing:

This has echoes of the missus’ self-declared Labour supporting cousin suggesting people should be sterilised :slight_smile:

Rallyboy left? What is left nowadays? The labour party PLP side certainly isn’t in the main and the members or newer ones are simply naïve reactionaries for one reason or another, they are welcome but are more skin to Miliband than Skinner.

Rallyboy left? What is left nowadays? The labour party PLP side certainly isn’t in the main and the members or newer ones are simply naïve reactionaries for one reason or another, they are welcome but are more skin to Miliband than Skinner.

1 Like

Well I’ve never found myself aligned with the far right - how about you guys?