Can't wait for the clapper propaganda from the Death Star

I was, but not of myself. That was a fucking shambles. The only consolation is that I’ve been working down south and didn’t have to do a 500 mile round trip to witness it.

I’m with Nick Hornby on at least one thing. Supporting a football is more serious a commitment than marriage. You can re-marry, but you can’t support another team.

In that context, the support is unconditional, but I reserve the right to walk out of the room if she’s doing my head in.

4 Likes

Our first acrostic.

:sparkling_heart:

I’m genuinely quite emotional.

:sob:

8 Likes

I’m not sure if I believe in God either.

7 Likes

Interesting point. Are players “dropped” if they are rotated or just rested for a bigger game? I have seen the word used in a perjoritve sense a lot lately and I wonder if that is actually the case? Only Pellegrino will know why he picks certain players and uses certain formations against different teams, but you have to assume that he picks what he thinks is right for that match, and in these days of large squads isnt the reason you have a large squad is because you need more than 12 players to get through a season? If he says to Stephens and Hoj before the game you are playing today but not against Leicester because I am going to do something different, are they actualy dropped or just being used as part of a squad? I can understand players getting fed up because I should imagine that they want to play every game, but with large squads not every player is going to get all the game time. It is what you sign up for. Having said that, I am very much in the play your strongest team camp, but these a supposed to be pro’s and are there to do the job that the manager wants them to do. Fair play to Pellegrino for coming out and questioning their commitment. It will either blow up in his face or galvanise the squad. I hope it is the latter but have a feeling many of the little darlings will just sulk.

Are they men or fannies? They can sulk all they want but everyone knows from the expert to the man in the street they’ve been shit for a long time, they can suck it up and take the criticism.

Not wanting to make New York Saint wet his pants with excitement, but rumours on Fiverweb and Twitter that ol’ Eric Black has left his position with Saints…

Stay tuned for more info (from BTripz and/or Dubai Phil I suspect, because I can’t be bothered to keep looking into it).

3 Likes

Like I’m gonna find out on another day on airplanes this weekend. But will ask Les

Some of the things you say Barry and H/NYS are worth discussing but what is it with the teenage EVERYTHING’S SHIT style of posting? It’s really hard to get in to discussion when it’s all wrapped up in EVERYTHING THING ELSE IS BOLLOCKS. In a way it reminds me of Turks, Lord Duckhunter or CB Fry when they are in a bullying mood. A lot they may be saying may make sense but it is lost among the veiled insults (like my insults a little direct and not so Jeremy vine/politicians. That is not high brow it is a predicted bank of insulting responses). I have had brief opportunities to chat on the level with both of you and agreed or not on things without the stylised posting. Why incite a reply to your post. Some of your post is interesting Barry, why not pick a topic to discuss rather than the wholesale approach?

3 Likes

Kettle black pot calling

You’re up early. Or maybe you’re up late. Either way, well worth it for that little gem.

1 Like