Checkatrade Trophy

Not sure if this is true. I think the u23 teams are fairing much better than the lower league clubs, which surely is not right. If the u23 ‘bigger clubs’ were bringing in the crowds then might be helping, but gates are down and the premier league clubs benefit! Great stuff for the lower leagues that is! Rubbish!

Will be entering the local pub teams soon!

1 Like

We are 1-0 up against Crawley! I’m conflicted.

2-0 - S. MDLALOSE

sod it Crawley are through anyway!

3-0

C. SLATTERY (34)

4-0

O. OLOMOLA (78)

3 Likes

Skates out… jeez they are shite!

Actually disappointed, so so wanted to draw them.

Yep same here!

Played really well 1st half, dominated and controlled the ball well. 2nd half lost our way in midfield a bit as Crawley started pressing us higher up the pitch, but took control again after Olamola belted in a good volley (which made up for missing a sitter early in the 2nd half). Sims stood out for me, think he’ll get an opportunity at some point in the first team. Jones was solid at centre back and Gardos came through 90 minutes unscathed.

2 Likes

Draw just done, home to Reading U21 in Round 2!!

To be played w/c 5th December, isn’t that when we’re playing Beer Shaver?

Goal highlights from last night here

4 Likes

Anyone else notice that Florin played the full 90 minutes last night too, getting him back in the first team would be like having a new signing…

So how far from Wembley are we, in games?

Last 32 now so 4 I think, if it’s standard knockout, then the final at Wemberley. Your guess is as good as mine though as I don’t know if it’s 2 leg semifinals or what. To be honest I don’t know so probably shouldn’t have replied. I would say I can’t find anything on the official site but I’ve overplayed that now :lou_wink_2:

3 Likes

Cracking 4th goal.

1 Like

From here

Round of 32
The eight winners and eight runners up of the north and south group stages qualify for the round of 32. All other clubs are eliminated from the competition.

The round of 32 pairings are determined by means of a draw whereby the winner of a group will be drawn at home and will play a runner up of a group from the same region (but not from the same group).

Subject to the requirement above, the EFL shall determine the format of, and conduct, the draw to determine the round of 32 and the allocation as home club and away club.

Matches will be of 90 minutes duration, with no extra time. If the scores are level then the match will be determined by penalties.

Round of 16
The 16 winners from the Round of 32 will contest the round of 16.

The round of 16 pairings are determined by means of an un-seeded draw.

Matches will be of 90 minutes duration, with no extra time. If the scores are level then the match will be determined by penalties.

Quarter-finals
The eight winners from the Round of 16 will contest the quarter-finals.

Quarter-final pairings are determined by means of an un-seeded draw.

Semi-finals
The four winners from the quarter-finals will contest the semi-finals.

Semi-final pairings are determined by means of an un-seeded draw.

Matches will be played by way of only one leg and be of 90-minutes duration. The Board can determine whether extra time will be played or not. If the scores are level at the end of the match (whether normal time or after extra time if applicable) then the match will be determined by penalties.

Final
The two winners from the semi-finals will contest the final.

The final shall be played on a date and at a time to be determined by the League at Wembley Stadium.

The match will be of 90 minutes duration. The Board can determine whether extra time will be played or not. If the scores are level at the end of the match (whether normal time or after extra time if applicable) then the match will be determined by penalties.

So that would be 4 then…

2 Likes

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

So that would be 4 then…

Hey whaddayaknow, I was right :lou_lol:

2 Likes

Originally posted by @gavstar

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

So that would be 4 then…

Hey whaddayaknow, I was right :lou_lol:

You’re not just a Gerard Butler look-a-like physoptherapist!