Claude

The league position looks pretty good, but it’s a bit flattering imo. 41 pts ain’t v.good pts haul. He’s gonna need to win like 3 of the last 5, or I will be calling our league campaign an Underperformance.

1 Like

Top 10 finish and a cup final. What is it you were expecting at the beginning of the season Bazza?

2 Likes

I would like for my club to entertain me on and off the pitch. I used to enjoy the press conferences and videos of the coaching staff and players. I used to enjoy watching NA, even was it got embarassing because the team was exiting. This year even despite the cup final has been dull. Its not even claude who is dull its Black aswell.

We have had 7 years of great football and good news stories and the club is in danger in my opinion of wasting that. Idealy I want the club to aim to produce a Chris Nicol type of football on the pitch and a good media presence off it.

Barry Gale asst manager imo

Better football than this.
More goals.
More entertainment.
Better football.
More pace.
More chances.

Rose tinted specs I’m afraid NYS. In those 7 years the standard of football has often been criticised and the manager slagged off. Most of the news stories have been about players or managers leaving.

6 Likes

Truth in that sog. I’m only really in it for the Wins, and in some ways Claude Come Close. It would only took one more win in the League Cup, one more win in the Europa, couple more in the league, ideally Everton & Spurs, he would be my Hero.

But he didn’t. So he can fk off.

Only the Manchester clubs, Spurs and Liverpool have had more shots than us this season.

We have also made more crosses than any other team.

Our finishing has been shit. We have lost our best player and top scorer to long term injuries. We have also had a European campaign and a cup run to negotiate.

Get a fucking grip for fuck’s sake. We all want to win every game, play brilliant attacking football and keep our best players.

As for the off the field stuff? Apart from Claude’s incredibly dull pressers I don’t have many issues. Should we just let Barry Gale do them?

10 Likes

And 12 teams have scored more goals, we can reach all we want, statistics are the go to comfort blanket in the modern game.
We’ve been boring this season and that’s all there is to it.

Ok. That’s all there is to it Bazza. If you want more entertainment on a match day maybe you should settle a little deeper into your wingbacked chair and pop on the Russ Abbott Video.

But the point was a top ten finish AND A CUP.

OK, so you don’t know what ‘out of his depth’ means then? Is that what you’re saying?

1 Like

Some interesting arguments coming out from this.

One thing I would say is those that say about a top ten finish and a cup final being a good season, well I would probably agree. However, what I would say is that we are by no means guaranteed a top ten finish. So that may well be a little hasty. There are only 3 points between us and Crystal Palace in 16th. Bearing in mind our lack of points against the top sides so far this season, and three of our remaining games are against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd.

Clearly the argument is that we should reserve judgement until the final league standings.

I also agree with those of you who are saying it would be crazy to sack the manager after his first season and a cup final etc. However, this argument neglects the fact that this is modern day football. Just look at Leicester. They won the fucking Premier League. Leicester. Then they had a near flawless Champions League campaign and STILL the manager’s job was not safe. Sadly their up turn in form when Ranieri left demonstrates that it was the right decision. This is a damning indictment of modern day football and ‘player power’.

Therefore if there is disharmony amongst the squad over negative tactics etc then ultimately that will be the deciding factor. It is important to remember that these are only rumours at this stage though and should be treated with a pinch of salt. Saying that, we have all heard similar rumours in the past and invariably those players end up leaving in the subsequent transfer windows. Mane, Pelle, Fonte to name but a few.

3 Likes

We are not assured of a top 1o finish and that is just a number anyway, we also didn’t win the Cup very much moot.

No I am saying he is out of his depth, what has he done to say that he is able to handle this League, what gives you confidence?

I am getting none at all.

Look, I supported this manager! I said appointing him would be a Laugh, and it was, and he’s clearly he’s done enough to deserve another season. But I’d still sack him anyway. I don’t like him no more. a) He’s funny looking & b) He’s a born Loser. Just look at him carefully, and be honest with yourself. If there was a dog turd on his street, would you bet against him stepping in it?

Cut him loose, I say. Barry was right All Along.

Puel had an ordinary first season with Nice (14th I think) followed by back to back forth place finishes … quite remarkable for Nice, bit like say Bournemouth getting in to the top six over here. During that time, Nice were widely regarded as the most exciting team in the French league with their high tempo, fluent attacking style.

6 Likes

Yes but everyone’s funny looking in France, and they already smell of dogshit.

Barry normally is, just ahead of the curve, I don’t want you all saying in a month you always had reservations about him and his hairdo etc etc I am saying and have said for donkeys he is a yes man in a cheap suit.

We’ve been crap this year results, performance and entertainment wise, another season of that wank?

1 Like

You were right, but for Wrong Reasons. There’s not much wrong with his Football. It’s his face, and his treading in dogshit. They are the problems. You can take a horse to water, but you can’t stop it treading in dog shit. Puel Out.

1 Like