Clegg Condemns Conservatives

Given that Clegg led to Libs to obliteration, I’m not surprised that he is going to try the heap all this shite away from his doorstep.

He’s shitting in the tent as well??

1 Like

To be fair, they’d have done it with or without his help.

I think you have to be concerned no matter how you vote. We’re paying more for unbuilt council houses, and not increasing supply, than we would be if we simply built them.

It pisses me off anytime someone has a grand idea to increase their vote share. New Labour waived the seven year EU wait period and “sent search parties out for immigrants” in a bid to change their vote.

There’s only one decent way to bring voters to your side. Impress them with your ideas and implementation. Every other method creates huge problems.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @CB-Saint

Given that Clegg led to Libs to obliteration, I’m not surprised that he is going to try the heap all this shite away from his doorstep.

To be fair, they’d have done it with or without his help.

I think you have to be concerned no matter how you vote. We’re paying more for unbuilt council houses, and not increasing supply, than we would be if we simply built them.

It pisses me off anytime someone has a grand idea to increase their vote share. New Labour waived the seven year EU wait period and “sent search parties out for immigrants” in a bid to change their vote.

There’s only one decent way to bring voters to your side. Impress them with your ideas and implementation. Every other method creates huge problems.

And thats the problem the out of power party has all sorts of ideas as to what they will do to impress the voters and tell the voters what they want to hear. Then the gullible voters put them in power, The now govorning party discover that they cant actually deliver on all the promises aand start backtracking watering down the manifesto’s and you end up with a change of government and no changes to the way anything runs.

1 Like

We are in a new era of politics where you don’t have to deliver on promises, you just have to offer semi-plausible excuses when you don’t.

This means you can make any spectacular claims you want just to secure the vote.

See Conservative election victory and Brexit referendum - both won with promises that cannot, and will not be delivered.

I think you’re over-reaching on the Brexit stuff. No-one was in a position to offer any promises except the government of the day. The Leave campaign was comprised of people from many parties. Few would have an expectation that the Leave would be able to deliver promises. It had no power. Nowt that campaign produced could be considered promise or pledge.

The point is a fair one for manifestos.

Clegg

Cameron

Cunt

All begin with ‘C’ - should not have been surprized by the outcome

(Corbyn does as well, but sshhhh)

5 Likes

The trouble with modern politics is that it’s a one shot game. Clegg’s experiences in the Coalition have undoubtedly shaped his views now and i dare say he’d be a better politican for it. Trouble is he won’t be given another chance because it’s easier for the public to berate him for his previous failings than accept that their may be a benefit in his experiences, for the future.

2 Likes

3 Likes