Cliched Match Thread: The 'now then now thens' v The mighty and magnificent Saints

Liverpool 1-1 The Mighty Saints

Letā€™s win it!!!

Mane sent off. Big miss that will be in the coming games.

Great result, but Mane sending off right at the end was a bit of a bugger.

Could have won that one.

Decent performance and well worth the point. Shocking refereeing (though not the sending off) and it could have been a dream ending and double assist for Gaston, if Pelle had not fallen at the crucial time. Happy with that.

We showed great character. Brendan would be proud.

Sky showed Klopp celebrating their, goal several times, from different angles, plus their crowd, but for our goal, nothing at all of Koeman or our fans. Fuck off Klopp / big team love-in.

The good thing is that we stick at it, even when falling behind. I always believed we could get back into the game, as the heads never dropped. I love the positivity we show!

Klopp still talkingā€¦has he said anything about us??

I suppose there wasnā€™t time for anything from Ron after the ramble from Klip-Klopp.

3 draws, 2 at home, not that great start really!

Iā€™m satisfied with draw.

I thought that Victor and VVD were excellent (VVD should probably have scored, though).

Iā€™ve been critical of Gaston in the past but really enjoyed his cameo, especially his assist for our equaliser! Iā€™d like to see him start against Villa, and would be delighted if he finally proves his worth to us.

What have i missed comrades?

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

What have i missed comrades?

Do you want us to tell you the score or are you waiting to see the game on Match of The Day 2 ?

Nah, watched it on Sky on the train back to Edinburghā€¦ but needed to know more imporatnt things, like how the thread went :wink:

I think the thread went very wellā€¦a lot of positivity shown under trying circumstancesā€¦even when Benteke scored with a lucky glancing header, Sotonians showed an admirable resiliance and we pulled though to the final whistle.

A notable exception was myself who was too nervous to take part in the thread until the game was over.

3 Likes

Excellent news - expected nothing less form the valient front line troops. Maybe a little ā€˜girlinessā€™ from CoxLou (which is forgiven on acount of her XY chromosome combination) and from butler Bletch given he is an old women.

2 Likes

Spot on. Our attitude was excellent. Klopp said his lot should have kept their belief even after we equalised, and criticised them for letting their heads drop.

Ah so thatā€™s what he was going on about for sooo long. :lou_wink:

2 Likes

heā€™ll get a good and look like a world class player in the two months before his contract runs out !

Lou has a XY chromosome combination?

Iā€™m gutted :slight_frown:

2 Likes