Crystal Palace V Saints build up and matchday thread

The only upside about this game is that it is away so I don’t have to watch it . A turgid 0-0 draw

1 Like

Bugger! Sounds like de Boer has been sacked.

1 Like
1 Like

@modboy can you sort out Barry’s youtube linking please, it’s throwing the page formatting…

2 Likes

FFS.

Only Saints get faced with New Manager Syndrome from the replacement of a new manager within 5 games of the season starting.

With Woy in charge upgrade me from Turgid 0-0 to freakishly unlucky 1-0 defeat.

2 Likes

I wish that I’d started a new thread for this post. I would now but I still can’t get my head around copy and paste on this site. For some reason my devices won’t let me link stuff. Going to stick it up on sweb later when I can. Done.

1 Like

Putting my sensible head back on for a rare moment, De Boer had been trying to get them to play 3-5-2 but with dinosaur style CB’s.

Which begs the question whether Woy will revert them to a more orthodox Mike Bassett 4-4-2.

Fact is however that their defenders are big units and not the fastest in the EPL.

Which, to me at least means we REALLY should be starting with Long in one of the wide roles.

Oh and Boufal? Just stop hiding him out on the wing. Especially against big lumps. #10 sure but not out wide.

3 Likes

I remember when they didnt used to publish the league positions until the 6th game. Now a manager is sacked 4 matches in. Fucking ridiculous.

2 Likes

De Boer does take the record for the shortest tenure off our own Les Reed who held the title with 7 games and Charlton Athletic.

I didn’t realise the game was on the box!!

Bet Sky are rubbing their hands at their match choice!!

1 Like

Fuck - now I will feel obliged to watch it :lou_angry:

1 Like

Can’t even turn over for Grand Prix qualifying (probably going to be well more exciting than the football), that’s not until 16:00 :lou_sad:

1 Like

On the positive side, Saturday sees the return of one our much loved former krew & her Saints supporting bf

So with an an early afternoon ko here and a big reunion party / catch up planned…

The football’s gonna spoil it isn’t it?

2 Likes

2 Likes

So can we expect Bilic to be sacked if Wet Spam lose against Huddersfield ? World is going crazy…

2 Likes

I read something earlier where Steve Parish stated that he had a ‘short list’ of 37 managers before appointing De Boer, and he spoke with them all!!! 37!!! Hardly a fucking ‘short’ list is it! Jesus.

1 Like

When I was a nipper at the pub I used to have a short list of girls that length that I was considering shagging that evening. I also spoke to them all. It went something like this.

CB to Girl 1: Fancy a shag

Girl 1: No.

CB to Girl 2: Fancy a shag

Girl 2: No

etc

Me thinks Steve parrish had similar success up until the point he was left with the drunk chubster (De Boer) and got a hit

4 Likes

I should imagine he got though all 37 quite quickly…“Hello Frank…wanna job?”

1 Like

I think we will win this one 1-2

2 Likes

After giving it considerable thought I’m putting all of my optimism eggs in the Lemina basket - the bloke who is going to kickstart our season.

He’s coming in on Saturday and he’s going to boss the midfield and get everyone doing their jobs, his strength and leadership will free up the creative players and inspire freeflowing attacking football that will drive us onto a season-defining 3-1 victory.

And if he turns out to be another Gaston Osvaldo, I’ll come up with a Plan B…

5 Likes