Cyclist 1-0 Prat

Zinzan Street in Reading. I used to live in the next road across

No wonder I moved

Originally posted by @SO5-4BW

Zinzan Street in Reading. I used to live in the next road across

No wonder I moved

Well Reading is shite.

1 Like

Neither of those two come out particularly well but a fat gobby mockney doing a Klinsmann impression is a nice punchline.

This debate is always feisty as there are extremes on both sides.

I cycle and I drive - I have witnessed idiot cyclists and idiot drivers.

But when cycling I’ve become involved in more confrontations with pedestrians or dog walkers than drivers - they just wander across cycle lanes without looking and have no interest in sharing space, and that’s what it comes down to - the roads and paths are for sharing, but no one wants to give an inch.

The serious aspect is that on the road no idiot cyclist will be killing motorists, but they are vulnerable to the wayward driver, and we all know how many wayward drivers there are out there.

2 Likes

Totally agree Rallyboy, and that is why cyclists need to me more wary when they ride. Getting arsey and acting like you own the road aint gonna help.

What about a driver who swerves to avoid a stupid cyclist and hits another car or a tree?

Most don’t swerve, they just run over the stupid cyclist.

The original point stands, a cyclist colliding with a motorist will come second.

If you want to introduce cars going the other way, trees and perhaps street furniture or stray dogs it may require more research than we have time for on here.