Dennis Skinner

A distinct lack of snobbiness regardless of job, title or money, the North does not judge what you have, it judges your character.

Southern England is beautiful on the outside but sometimes horrendously ugly within.

1 Like

Originally posted by @pap

Now let’s see some more positive Northern reporting, sir!

Well let me see. In my lifetime I’ve lived (as in family homes) on the Isle of Wight, south-east Kent, London, Oxford, Norwich, Cambridge Mass., Antananorivo (Madagascar), London again, Carmel Cal., Cambridge Mass. again, London again, Oxford again, Cambridge UK, and north Yorkshire, with shorter (more than a month) stays in Toronto, Kuala Lumpur, Cape Town, New York, Los Angeles, Johannesburg, Karachi, Spitsbergen and Mulu (Borneo), plus a large number of one- or two-week sojourns on all continents.

In only two of those places - guess + Norwich - have I felt real despair at the hollowness of the locale. It’s like an allergic reaction.

So don’t hold your breath for some cheery words about upthumpland. Dennis Skinner really is the only saving grace.

Don’t get Pap started on the Isle of Wight ffs :slight_frown:

You’re still burned about the Sotonians map of England and Wales, aren’t you?

Just accept it, Halo. Icke is your mammal king.

2 Likes

I wanna see Barry and Furball put in a damp, poorly lit room together, lock the door, then watch what happens through a one way mirror.

No Pap, I’m not burned about it at all - some days I go five minutes without even thinking about it!

People other than Icke to have lived on or stayed on the Isle of Wight:

Charles I
Queen Victoria
Dickens
Keats
Tennyson
Darwin
Longfellow
Marconi
Gandhi
Marx
Churchill
Stickman
Furball

Ah, the itinerant life of the career-criminal mastermind.

They’ll catch you eventually.

Originally posted by @Furball

Well let me see. In my lifetime I’ve lived (as in family homes) on the Isle of Wight, south-east Kent, London, Oxford, Norwich, Cambridge Mass., Antananorivo (Madagascar), London again, Carmel Cal., Cambridge Mass. again, London again, Oxford again, Cambridge UK, and north Yorkshire, with shorter (more than a month) stays in Toronto, Kuala Lumpur, Cape Town, New York, Los Angeles, Johannesburg, Karachi, Spitsbergen and Mulu (Borneo), plus a large number of one- or two-week sojourns on all continents.

In only two of those places - guess + Norwich - have I felt real despair at the hollowness of the locale. It’s like an allergic reaction.

So don’t hold your breath for some cheery words about upthumpland. Dennis Skinner really is the only saving grace.

Christ how many schools did you go to? Have you lived in or travelled, twp seperate things, I lived and backpacked for 6 years and they are entirely different things. I think you stayed and travelled.

Originally posted by @Furball

Christ how many schools did you go to? Have you lived in or travelled, two seperate things, I lived and backpacked for 6 years and they are entirely different things. I think you stayed and travelled.

Peter Sutcliffe

Ian Brady

ronnie and Reggie Kray

the Richardson brothers

Charles Bronson (the nutter not the actor)

Stickman

Furball

5 Likes

I wanna see lou and Intiniki put in a warm well lit room together, lock the door then watch what happens through a one way mirror.

1 Like

We’d probably have a good old chat about our conquests with fit South American men.

I’m up for that - can we have a bar too?

1 Like

Liberal amounts of alcohol are always welcome so I don’t see why not. I believe Dolphin flats in London have vacancy’s and at least one of the previous tennants in there must have had a lockable room and a one way mirror.

Originally posted by @PhilippineSain

I believe Dolphin flats in London have vacancy’s and at least one of the previous tennants in there must have had a lockable room and a one way mirror.

Ew.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Halo-Stickman

No Pap, I’m not burned about it at all - some days I go five minutes without even thinking about it!

People other than Icke to have lived on or stayed on the Isle of Wight:

Charles I
Queen Victoria
Dickens
Keats
Tennyson
Darwin
Longfellow
Marconi
Gandhi
Marx
Churchill
Stickman
Furball

You forgot the ice cream man, Halo - Anthony Minghella. I must have missed pap’s panegyric to the island. That (adopted) northern chippiness, I assume.

The same can be said about Northern England and the Midlands too (for balance).

My wivfe’s family come from near Scarborough so I’ve spent a fair bit of time up there, Scarborough itself is a shithole but has a great soul.

Up and down the coast is stunning and some lovely small towns. The moors are stunning, the Dales too.

Can’t stand Whitby, whose sole basis to being appears to be Dracula’s arrival, jet (no not the Gladiator) and lots and lots of fish and chip shops.

I’ve met some lovely Northerners and some absolutely bigotted ones.

Like Furball I too travelled when younger (being an army brat), I think between 5 and 16 I had a different school every year!! I’ve worked in the South of France for a year (Toulouse) dated a Quebecoise and lived in Montreal for a while, etc. etc. etc.

What I guess I’m trying to say is that your intiial statement holds true everywhere in the world.

Oh, and I detest London, I couldn’t see myself living there if I was paid

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Ah, the itinerant life of the career-criminal mastermind.

They’ll catch you eventually.

I think you’re jumping to give Furball too much credit with this criminal mastermind business.

My own theory is bailiffs.

Of course, it’s far more complex than that.

It’s bailiffs seeking money he has borrowed to make other parts of the world look like West London.

The complete (and rather mothballed) recreation of Kensington somewhere in South East Kent was unnecessary, imo. Real version was only an hour away on the train.

1 Like

Sounds great. It was just as I’d thought when I read psaints comment.

1 Like

You could be right papster, I’m probably jumping to a conspiratorial conclusion!

I think the problem is that I’m reading a book about Arthur Conan Doyle at the moment, and try as I might, to my mind Moriarty is Furball is Moriarty.