Dogs vs Cats

We love a bit of ginge in the Goat house:

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Bathsaint

chameleon?

1 Like

A small update on the cat, dog and mice situation.

I have been sending ms pap around to see if the next door neighbours are alright. They are quite elderly, and a few nights ago, they managed to crash their car inside their own garage. I shit you not.

Some kind of mechanical fault, the car was lurching backward and forward. It fucked one of the walls up and quite honestly, could have killed one of them. ms pap sped to the rescue, risking life and limb to whip the keys out of the ignition. We waited until their son arrived and have checked on them since. Their nipper used to be on Brookie, so we’ve officially been involved in the real life drama of a soap star. Finally.

Anyway, ms pap went around to check on them and they asked if we’ve ever had any problems with mice, as they’ve had a recent infestation. This coincides with the arrival of our cat.

Whoops.

While I’d like to wax historical about how this reminds me of how the pressure of Genghis Khan’s Mongols pushed people off the steppes, I would just like to point out that intiniki was correct.

Many people do create the conditions for having mice. Those conditions normally involve not having a mouse murdering cat. Like Genghis, I think he uses his brutality sparingly. History tells us that most villages surrendered to the Mongols straightaway because they’d already heard about the cost of resistance. Harry evidently didn’t murder all the mice, but I reckon they did the offs when they saw him playing keepy-ups with one of their pals in the kitchen.

2 Likes

We havent had meeces for a while but the local rats come and help themselves to the bird food and one or two have found their way in to the loft. I thought I had sorted the problem by smeering vaseline on the pole holding the birdtable up by the little fekkers just shin up the shrubs and jump across. The cat doesnt seem to deter them in the slighest, probably because they are bigger than she is!

1 Like