EFL Cup Final - BEERS BEERS BEERS

Not that good Goat, I stayed down in Kilburn in the old bell with old faces from the past, I hope you all had a blast.

2 Likes

I watched the game with a Manc mate and he was emabarrsed at the end. He said that we were the better team by far. He was right, we were the better team, but they had the quality where it counts and took their chances better than we did.

2 Likes

I am back. Iā€™ve had some time to reflect. First off, a huge thank you to all that made the beers, and to @bucks for sorting it out.

Second, I now hate Manchester United fans as much as your average scouser. Utter cocks, most from elsewhere, singing shite about local rivalries they live nowhere fucking near. At least when Saints fans sing about Portsmouth, we know where it fucking is. Really didnā€™t get that sense from the Tyrone and Surrey set that made up the contingent of United fans in the Railway. They are fucking numpties.

But they are fucking numpties that won today, unfortunately, and for that, we need to look within our own performance Stephens was identified up front as a potential weak link. That wasnā€™t the problem today.

By the looks of things, Fraser Forster could not catch a cold.

Now @unionhotel has already told me off for apportioning blame so soon after a famous contest. I would _love _to agree with him and take the reprimand. I canā€™t. No-one around me good. Alright, Ibra, but he was letting free kicks in against West Ham a few weeks ago. Should have gotten onto the final goal.

Iā€™m sure someone will step into correct me, but I have no fucking idea of what type of club we are right now, or what weā€™re supposed to be. The evidence would suggest that weā€™re gamblers, not necessarily rocking a great track record, and entirely unable to explain why we didnā€™t bet on a fucking centre back when we knew weā€™d be incurring a loss.

Iā€™m also going to lance a popular myth that our fans were good. For the first 45 minutes, they were mostly dogshite. I spoke to a pleasant chap behind me who lamented the fact that so many of our number were seated. Five minutes later, some fat middle aged cunt is bellowing at this bloke ā€œdonā€™t you dare judge me!ā€, adding that he had ā€œa fractured pelvisā€. When I returned just after the early second goal, fractured pelvis boy was dancing in the aisles.

Sorry mate, I _do _judge you. If you cannot get your fat fucking arse out of a seat for the first major final in 38 years, and youā€™re not genuinely impeded, I judge you a lot.

2 Likes

We have a very comfortable middle class of supporter, nothing wrong with that per se but the cunts never sing, shout or do well fucking anything, we were all having a good old moan about our rugby clique today in the pub.

1 Like

The windmilling scarves after our second goal looked awesome though.

3 Likes

I thought our fans were belting. Much more up for it than the Mancs and similar to 2003 when we showed up the Arsenal. Perhaps thatā€™s just where i was in the ground.

We played really well in the main, but the big fucking Swede was the difference. Disappointed with the result but not the players or the Club. Fucked off with the ā€œplucky losersā€ tag and the interminably sycophantic Utd wank fest that followed on the media.

Cruel game, this football lark.

11 Likes

A message to the Man U fans who were streaming out of the ground as we leftā€¦YOU DONā€™T DESERVE ANYTHING. Fuckinā€™ incredible they were leaving the ground before their team had received their medals and HELD THE CUP ALOFT.

What a bunch of shameful shitty fans who contributed nothing to the pre-match atmosphereā€¦Saints fans ratcheting it up for an hour before KO in the stadiumā€¦most Mancs didnā€™t take their places until 10 minutes before KO.

4 Likes

The bit of the ground I was in honestly only stood up and bothered after the equaliser had gone in. First half resembled a version of the Chapel in which free hash cakes were on every seat.

Oh, and one more thing.

Morbidly obese middle aged women screaming ā€œyouā€™re not fit to refereeā€ never gets old.

3 Likes

I kind of disagree with 2 points that have been made here.

1: Our fans were great. Very vocal i thought. If you sit in the posh seats, you know what to expect. No sitting in my section(big thanks to the bloke that swapped seats with me without even batting an eyelid).

2: Zlatan is a great player, but the free kick was pretty shit. The mannequin we had in goal was uniteds biggest weapon. Swap goalkeepers and we would have slaughtered them.

13 Likes

Oh and a big thank you to everyone that turned up for the beers. Great to meet more of you. Special thanks to @bucks for organising the pub and reserving the best table and @smiler , his Mrs and @dubai_phil Who all made massive journeys to be there and weā€™re great company.

P. S Thanks for the badge @goatboy

6 Likes

Iā€™m pleased that worked otu for you @saint-or-sinner , hope your daughter enjoyed the game, shame about the result.

1 Like

Somehow I expected @dubai_phil to have a gravelly voice, he didnā€™t, and @smiler to have an Aussie accent, he didnā€™t.

Apart from those 2 disappointments it was nice to meet everyone, even though I tried to ignore you all when I walked into the pub!!

2 Likes

Block 135 row 43ā€¦all my family jumping up and downā€¦even this silly old loooooon :cool:

twirling scarves.waving flags and singing our hearts outā€¦mostly all the notes but in the wrong order :astonished:

looking around all our end and thinking blooooody hell :laughing: we is the mighty Saints. :innocent:

Great dayā€¦pity about final resultā€¦but bar a few idiots we woz as oneā€¦ fantastic club and supporters. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

9 Likes

Some more thoughts on the beers.

Great to meet Ali (sp), also known as Lighthouse on the other place. Thatā€™s a signup waiting to happen.

Spudders took the gong for poster that looks most like his username*. The charitable would remark that it was a close run thing. Neither my physical manifestation of ā€œpapā€ nor Chertsā€™ tattooed map of Chertsey came close.

* provided one has had some very shiny spuds in oneā€™s life.

2 Likes

Yeah, the bloke was great. I asked, he glanced at my daughter, said OK instantly. Cheers for nudging me to do it.

She loved it. Singing her heart out(made me very proud). Sheā€™s in for life now :lou_lol:

7 Likes

Mixed within the obvious immense pride from the towering performance of the team and supporters yesterday, maybe I am odd but I have another, smaller scale sense of pride. At about 2pm yesterday, I looked up to see there were circa 18 Sotionians and ā€œplus onesā€ in the pub, having travelled from far and wide to gather ahead of a Wembley final.

This was despite the sheer multitude of other drinking establishments on offer en route to the stadium. It was only a couple of seasons ago that we even started this weird-arse idea of meeting other keyboard bashers for a beer: how far we have come - brilliant.

Thanks to everyone for the laughs, togetherness, resilience and beers. :+1:

13 Likes

Sorry for scaring you at the urinals spudders :lou_surprised:

1 Like

Absolutely. Well said.

2 Likes

Although 1 poster wasnā€™t there who started this mad idea, @coxford_lou seriously let us down. Still dissapointed that @barry-sanchez preferred his egg chaser friends too.

2 Likes