England Test series V Pakistan in UAE

Buttler opening!

This really is a new England. I thought Cook would have blocked for the draw.

This is brilliant, a race against the light!

If he did he would have been strung up, 12 overs to get 99!

13/1

Wasting time with silly reviews!

Not feeling it!

So how many down, do we then think… Draw please.

It wouldn’t get to that stage, they’ll lose say a 6th or 7th, look upstairs and talk to the opposing captain who’ll agree or not to walk back with the batsmen.

Need to go off for light!

There you go!

Bad light stops play. 74-4 25 runs short. Match drawn.

All about the money in Dhabi! More cheques everyone? More made up awards? The players looked embarrassed!

A good T20 win tonight with a few newer names getting a game. England recovered from 19-3 after 4 overs, to make 160-5. James Vince on his debut was part of the recovery, making a good 41. Sam Billings, in for Buttler, was excellent.

Reece Topley bowled intelligently and did well under a lot pressure, as the Pakistan tail unexpectedly took the game into the final over. He took 3 wickets so a good night for the Hampshire boys.

An even more exciting T20 tonight. Vince top scored (for either side) with 38 as we scored 172. Pakistan were dead, needing 47 off 18 but then Afridi, once of Hampshire, arrived and scored 24 off 8 balls. Drama continued with Pakistan losing regular wickets, but they only needed 4 to win off the last ball. A great delivery from Woakes ensured they ended on 169-8. Brilliant.

Not that anyone else on here cares, but the 3rd and last T20 has been TIED meaning the match has moved to a rare Super Over, i.e. 1 extra over each side. Its on NOW on Sky.

Great to see Vince having such a good series, Bucks!

Although I guess it could potentially restrict his appearances for Hants next season.

1 Like

Chris Jordan just bowled the Super Over. Absolutely brilliant. Only 3 scored and he took a wicket with his final ball.

Tie…into the Super Over. Pakistan batted first and scored 3 - 1 in 6 balls.

England need 4 to win off their 6 balls.

Afridi to bowl…

YAY! England win… :lou_lol:

1 Like