England V NZ

23 needed from 24 balls.

easy

1 needed from 18 balls. Ooooeer nail biting.

1 required from 18 balls we may just do this

Finished with a flourish…SIX !!

Butler knocks it for six get in there you beauties.

Awesome! New Zealand style aggression – perfected by England.

Nice. :lou_sunglasses:

1 Like

Piece of piss, despite us letting Morgan play instead of Vince. #gavethemachance

1 Like

Haha, yeah, we took it easy on them really.

Jason Roy smashed them around the Sub-Continent to effectively end the contest after 44 balls, Alex and Joe teased them for a bit, then Jos just said “fuck this lads, there is beer in the fridge, and I am thirsty!”

Ben Stokes really is the real deal. A proper Match Winner.

Ben is what you get, when you throw Ian Botham and Freddy Flintoff into the Universal Magic World Class Cricketer Creator machine, choose All-rounder, select the “ginger haired firebrand” option, and click “Yes Fucking Please!!!” at the “Do you want to create this player now?” prompt.

It really is amazing how quickly this young group is developing, and so refreshing to see an England side playing with such confidence, enjoyment and freedom of expression, across the formats. As a man who sat through the insipid David Gower and unqualified boredom of the Alec Stewart Captaincy eras – to watch us playing with such a swagger is something I never thought I’d see.

The whole group clearly are enjoying themselves immensely, and loving the brand and style of cricket they are playing.

The next few years could be very exciting times indeed. :lou_lol:

3 Likes