England v Pakistan

I think we get ourselves (if we can) to a position where we think we cannot lose, but Pakistan believe they can make the chase 300/350 lead, then have a bowl at them and try and win. I think it is just important that we do not lose the match. We might even get in a position to have a bowl at them for an 30 minutes to an hour tonight, but that depends on how it pans out this afternoon.

1 Like

Currently lead by 210

ENGLAND 320-5 after 107 overs

need another 60 or 70 runs this afternoon put them in for a few overs tonight and complete the job tomorrow.

England lead by 311 at the close of play. Now we could come out for a quick 30/45 minutes and bat them out the game or declare and dangle the carrot.

Either way, should be an interesting day, if the rain stays away!

Thought that was an excellent old fashioned day of Test cricket.

Misbah was defensive, England were patient. We couldn’t risk only having a 220 odd lead they didn’t want us to get away. Vince did a good team job if “failing” to convert again, but his work set up Bairstow & Ali to kick on with no fear.

Obviously we’ll bat again looking to wear them down some more Pakistan are great when attacking but not sure they will block all day.

A quick 10 overs to mess with their openers mental preparation & get some wickets with the new ball before Jimmy gets thrown out again!

“Nicely poised”

1 Like

I still think we should have put them in for a few overs before end of play lets use all 90 overs to bowl them out declare before start of play.

England 343 ahead and declared

Pakistan have 84 overs to either win it or get a draw,

Henry on TMS has asked to go for a cold shower

God knows what is going on in Birmingham today. :lou_lol:

What was Hafeez thinking? What a stupid start by Pakistan the new ball was so key to this giving your wicket away so softly inside 6 overs.

Good start England

Lost woman interrupts play…LOL.

1 Like

So, Pakistan are bumbling along at 3 ish per over and are not looking in any sort of trouble.

84 Overs puts them in the 250 range at close of play.

BUT if they do not lose wickets, then around Tea Time it will put them with around 30 overs and 100 runs to win.

They simply need to pootle along as England did yesterday then accelerate, they have very good ODI players down the order who could launch into a run chase.

COULD get interesting. Was Cook too soft with his Declaration?

Were posters on here getting ahead of themselves.

Will it be Hindsight Bed Wetting awards tonight.

Meanwhile their is some Golf and cute Bums at the Ladies Beach Volley Ball to entertain.

OR I could actually do some MORE FARKING EXCEL SPREADSHEETS. (#workingtdaysundaydownhere)

Pakistan 69-1 at lunch this is going to end a draw the way England are playing

You were saying?

Or…

1 Like

And that boys & girls is why I never bet on ANYTHIBG!

1 Like

Good job I cashed out for a profit of 90 GBP com on you can finish this off.

1 Like

Great game and the bowling this afternoon has been superb, Cook has made all the right decisions and choices.

1 Like

Ist wkt down after tea

Pakistan 149 - 8

151 - 9

What a great test match that was! Get in!

1 Like