England vs. Portugal

Yes I am watching Dexter.

Yay!! Weā€™re on our way to Euro 2016ā€¦it was only a matter of timeā€¦we gave them a hell of a battering of vibrant attacking play.

My MotM Bruno Alvesā€¦game changing tackle that ensured a deserved victory. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Yes I am watching Dexter.

Hopefully someone has covered the room in plastic sheeting when Roy goes in for the post match interview.

2 Likes

Christ, that was piss poor.

1 Like

That performance has settled my nerves, before the game I wasnā€™t sure whether we were good enough to win the Euros but now I can see what Roy it trying to doā€¦

1 Like

pls stop playing vardy left midfield, pls stop playing Deli Ali left midfield too, pls tell rooney to cut it out, and for love of god, pls stop playing milner, .

pls keep winning tho.

2 Likes

Thought Wilshere was Quality when he come on tho tbf. And portugal were even more boring + defensive than us, even before the (hilarious) Sending Off.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see much wrong with the Alves challenge, he got the ball didnā€™t he?

It was a beauty. Not quite as gd as Oscar Gobern, but a good effort nontheless. Enlivened a v.dull game. Still wish Iā€™d watched Peaky Blinders instead tho.

1 Like

Actually, thatā€™s a good point about Wilshere. Leave aside the notorious fragility and he is a really good player. Maybe, after a season of not playing, heā€™ll actually last a tournament. Maybe.

Canā€™t for the life of me understand why Hendersonā€™s in the squad while Drinkwaterā€™s not, but it seems Iā€™m scarcely alone in that.

4 Likes

Iā€™m ok with Henderson being in the squad, as long as he doesnā€™t play.

I didnā€™t think Rooney was v.bad really. He has gd Football Brain imo he often is trying to do the right things, albeit he is too Fat + Poor Technique to pull them off. Biggest problem tho is that any position you want to play him in, weā€™ve got someone better. Striker, Kane & Vardy is better, No.10 Alli is better, Out Wide Sterling + Lallana is better, Midfield Wilshere + Dier is better. Think heā€™d be gd on the bench tho that might be his Best Position.

5 Likes

Canā€™t believe Iā€™m typing this, but ā€˜spot on, Bearā€™.

Feel a little dirty now.

3 Likes

If I were playing FIFA16 I wouldnā€™t put out that front three even for a laugh. Fuck knows what makes Hodgson think putting Vardy and Kane as wingers is appropriate for a last pre-tournament game.

This is a dirty thing to say but that game was crying out for (an in form) Lallana last night.

2 Likes

But heā€™s a big character, an important part of the dressing room.

Forget technical skill and astute tactics, we are England, we just need belief and hunger - and we need to want it more.

That approach has served us really well for fifty years, why change now?

3 Likes

So is a clothes peg.

And a shower.

And a floor for that matter.

I think the constituent parts of a dressing room are some of the minor reasons for taking someone to a European championship.

The commentator last night described Henderson as one of the few England players with real tournament experience. If thatā€™s the reason that he (a bystander in the final quarter of an also-ran teamā€™s season) is going to France instead of Drinkwater* (a central figure in the most in-form team in the division who, perhaps more than most, knows how to unleash Vardy (a centralā€¦you get the idea), then Iā€™m sowwy woy, but I disagwee.

* Reminds me that perhaps we should bring back the verb-name game.

Did he?

1 Like

I donā€™t think mocking Royā€™s speech is fair or constwuctive.

I think you Bletch of all people shouldnā€™t be picking on people with issues.

We wouldnā€™t dream of going on about your acute erectile disfunction so I think you should treat the England manager with more respect.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

I donā€™t think mocking Royā€™s speech is fair or constwuctive.

I think you Bletch of all people shouldnā€™t be picking on people with issues.

We wouldnā€™t dream of going on about your acute erectile disfunction so I think you should treat the England manager with more respect.

Itā€™s not you, itā€™s me.

I just donā€™t fancy you.

Sorry.

2 Likes