England vs West Indies - 2nd Test

Did the umpire not warn him about this behaviour on the field? :lou_is_a_flirt:

2 Likes

Technique may still be lacking, but of the 3 newbies I just think Malan might make the grade.

His body language this evening just seemed more solid (despite an awful swish at a rank long hop wide ball).

Perhaps it’s because under his helmet his eyes have a look of KP about them?

Root goes for 72 courtesy of the commentators curse.

England now 218 - 4 a lead of 49 runss with 6 wickets remaining.

Some decent work has been done this morning. Malan is clearly having to sweat for every run, but he’s staying put. Seems to have a good attitude. A lead of 82 at lunch and a fair amount of batting to come.

Good match, this.

1 Like

A tussle. There’s not been enough of those recently.

I almost want the WIndies to win just to give their Test team a boost and maybe spark some kind of longer term revival for them.

1 Like

Malan gets his 50

England lead by 100

England 269 - 4

Not sure I’d go that far, but I know what you mean. I’d love to see them be a force again. There’s some very deep rooted organisational issues there, which I won’t pretend to fully understand.

1 Like

50 for Stokes England 296 -4

Lead by 127

Stokes is starting to change the momentum a bit here.

I’ve done it again. Good catch to take Stokes though.

Yet another wicket for Gower there.

Malan will of course go on and make his hundred and cement his place on the tour of Australia…

Meanwhile it is very tightly poised. 250+ and them batting from the start tomorrow is interesting any less and plenty of time they should make that despite the pitch showing signs of wear

Wonderful knock after tea by Moeen supported by Woakes

490 odd never expected a lead of 320 and that must have been demoralizing for Windies.

Highest ever 2nd innings Test score with no hundreds hell of an effort.

Meanwhile Honorary Dubai Saint Paul Collingwood makes a score could HE get an Ashes call up? :sunglasses:

1 Like

I may have been a bit wrong here :lou_is_a_flirt:

With England needing 10 wickets and the West Indies requiring 317 on the final day,

1 Like

Brathwaite dropped by Cook on 4

It was a regulation catch at slips too

The Windies were digging in but have now started hitting their shots…

Wicket, we have a wicket

Powell out, thick edge to 8th slip

46-1

1 Like

Powell c Stokes b Broad 23 (WI 46-1)

K Hope run out 0 (WI 53-2)

How unlucky for Kyle Hope,

Broad spills a regulation c&b and the ball deflects off into Hope’s stumps and he’s out of his ground and OUT for 0 runs

53-1

so its definately the last hope in for the windies now.