FA Cup 3rd round - Saints vs Crystal Palace - match thread

I couldnt believe the initial set up. Far too cautious. We need to grow a pair and go for it. As Goat says, we should be tearing teams like Palace a new one. Very disppointed tonight. Lets hope the new stiker they are looking to bring in does the business!!!

Not a great deal to disagree with there Bazzington.

That’s the problem with trolling. They cry wolf so often when they have a genuine grievance no one takes them seriously.

How about tempering your output Bazza? It’s not too late to claw back some respect here.

But that’s what the downvote button is for. I can’t see anything on this thread from Barry that is particularly controversial. He can be a contradictory inflammatory arse when he wants but hey, I’m married.

Tempers fray after a loss and venting is required.

Barry is an easy target imho.

1 Like

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Originally posted by @Goatboy

In Barry’s defence, i don’t think he is trolling this thread. And he is not that wide of the mark. What’s that? 8 losses in the last 10? Better managers have been knobbed off for less.

Boy who cried wolf

Dont change your tune or attempt to, you are stronger than that.

I don’t disagree. Nothing wrong with this thread but with his recent spamming/trolling of other threads I can see why some posters are less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Which is a shame.

Nothing to disagree with there either.

No it’s not a shame…it’s just deserts for what he’s worked so hard for. Well done.

1 Like

Is this the vogue word “crying wolf”? When have I done that? I say we are shite and have said that for a while, I looked a bell against Arsenal but I am and was happy to, who else thought we were going to win? I am not crying wolf for anything, bollocks to what I say look at the stats, its there in front of you, dont run to Barry for confirmation or authority that Saints are playing shit, its fucking obvious we are playing shit.

We’ve looked decent at times.

First half at West Ham we were awesome. No 2nd goal. We concede, fall apart, lose.

This is a pattern for the season. Leicester. Good first half, shit 2nd, lucky to get a draw.

Spurs. Give away a comfortable lead twice. Hideous.

I wonder now about Koeman. I really want him to be successful as I think he’s a top bloke. But some of the line-ups/subs/fillosify? Maybe not.

Anyway, this is a football conversation and I’m not used to them on papsweb.

Maybe for another thread.

And maybe we should just igmnore all of Barry’s posts apart from his football related posts? He talks more sense than most about Saints.

Let’s be honest, most of the other stuff is just wind-up bollocks :lou_wink_2:

1 Like

There are so many things that look out of sorts from afar to me, formations, players willingness to put a foot in or a shift in, lack of pace, the amount of times we have got behind the oppostions defence this season ok that could be a design by Koeman and the Dutch like to play through the midfeild but simply we dont have that sort of talent there to so consistenly, Pelle is looking very poor indeed as is anyone else really, Long is a trier but will always be a sub at a more ambitious club as he is not clinical enough.

I am not sure Koeman has the will to change this as a lot needs to change and will he be here? If he manages to keep us up he will have enough kudos to fuck us off in the summer to a larger club, its all very uncertain at the moment and its very very worrying as people aren’t talking about how shit we are playing and we really are playing absolutely shit.

The form is relegation.

Well, that was pretty shite. Main thing lacking, especially in the second half when we played better, was a decent final ball. We got into any number of good positions, and pretty much every time passed just in front of or just behind the intended recipient, or just passed aimlessly. The one time we produced a decent pass in the box we got a shot on target, it was saved and Romeu pouched the rebound. JWP almost equalised at the death - very good free kick that.

Other than that, I find myself pretty much in agreement with the Goat.Though I saw the formation as more 3-5-2 than 5-3-2 in the first half. We gave the opposition a goal again - we keep on doing that. Can’t remember whose misplaced pass it was (Davis perhaps?) but it put Palace right in and left the unfortunate Yoshida nowhere. Where I was sitting everyone seemed to be blaming Yoshida, which was plain daft.

We’re not shit, but we’re not playing well enough right now.

2 Likes

No doubt, the next 7 days are massive. If we can get to wins under our belt, things will look much better. No less than 4 points for me, but hopefully 6 on the table by this time next week.

We are not relegation material, but we are doing a fucking good impression at the moment.

The next two games will have a massive bearing on our season.

And I don’t like to even think it, and perhaps feel guilty even mentioning it, but another two defeats and we would have to ask serious questions about the manager.

2 Likes

I honestly think RK will move on at the end of the season and still believe the 10th/12th is where we will finish the season.

So RK will move on as progress has not been made. I still believe the job is a no win, as we cannot shake off being the club for a platform for players to move on.

This is very frustrating as we can never carry on building as the players are greedy fuckers!

Moving on?

I think there is little chance of a club wanting to pay big money for the amount of end product that Mane delivered today.

His ‘shot’ in the second half pretty much summed him up.

And please, please do not start telling me how he skipped past players several times or that he offers something different.

I don’t want something different, I want someone who creates chances or scores some fucking goals.

He could do with shooting lessons from our reserve right back!

Even Puncheon hit one better than Mane and he can’t even manage his own toilet regime.

Yes there were plenty of players who were poor today but our greatest asset Mane failed to create anything of note, and when he wasn’t skipping past players with no end product he was giving the ball away, making poor judgement calls, spraying hospital passes about or committing clumsy fouls that brought us to a grinding halt.

Mane, just seemed content kicking the oppo today. Every other foul seemed to be his name. I am at a loss with our current slump and how they can raise their game for the shop window opposition. Would not surprise me if we get a point against Watford and WBA, then win at OT and Arsenal.

I just cannot put my finger on why the sudden down turn after the Sunderland win, then the smashing of top of the table Arsenal!

Fuck me sideways with an Aubergine… I seem to have caused Bazza to be miffed and Goaty to be his new friend :lou_is_a_flirt:

I will concede and give young Barry the benefit of the doubt in this case - but stand by my ‘cry wolf’ comment - the lad does have a tendancy to repeat his POV perhaps a little more frequently than my suspicious and alcohol deficient mind can comprehend… perhaps the slow depletion of my arsefat is effecting my judgement - who can tell?

Fuck me… feeling sorry for Barry… must seriously need a fine fried jumbo sausage with a bit of extra sauce… we must be shite

1 Like

I would bite your hand off for 10th-12th at the mo.

If that’s how you see RK then maybe he is not the man for the job?

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

I just cannot put my finger on why the sudden down turn after the Sunderland win, then the smashing of top of the table Arsenal!

Sadly I think in a contributing factor is the annual player loss… Mane, Wanyama get pissed off that we wont let them go now…the rest pissed off that they want to/we can not effectively build and progress… which does lead to the the difficult yet inevitable possible POV that asks ‘what is the point?’