FA, PL and League prepare to clamp down on dissent and abuse of officials

Pretty sure i have seen a ref order a retake for this reason, but only once or twice. Didn’t they have one of their pointless clampdowns on this quite a few years ago?

No you will not!! You can only get to 7 players and the match will be abandoned. So you will have a lot of abandoned games. :lou_is_a_flirt:

This is correct, they can run up and down the line (not sure why they introduced this) they were not allowed to move their feet at all before this rule. But thought it would be fun to run and and down the line. But never have they been allowed to be at the penalty takers feet before he has kicked it… but some are.

I will quote this again. ONLY if the FA and the premier league allow refereees to bloody referee, then they might do a better job! Been to long protecting the brand… money money money!

1 Like

Another thing that irritates me…and this has only started happening in the last, maybe 4 seasons…the inability of a professional footballer to take a corner with the ball inside the corner quadrant. The law states: "The ball must be placed inside the corner arc "

It seems to be a game where the player counts it as a little victory over officialdom to flaunt the law and to steal at most 3 or 4 inches. It’s so fuckin’ childish.

The line counts as in. So the ball only has to have part of the ball over the line. Like for a goal to be scored, the ball needs to be fully over the line, well this but fully over the line to be outside the quadrant. Players see this as a morale victory! Because most are dicks!

Also the throw in has become lazy… this annoys me and it should not!