Feminism

I similarly get accused of putting the housemaid out of work

IF you don’ sit down to get our exercise you’e excused

:wink:

1 Like

Have you read her response Lou? It was very childish. She could have made her point in a much better way. I also dont think it was unreasonable for Baldwin to say that his behave could have been stopped earlier if people had gone to the police rather than either taken money or spoken up sooner. I am not judging her. She had her reasons for doing what she did but it did have futher consequences for futher victims. To respond by saying “wee little baby man had a widdle baby tantrum cos he wants to protect a rapist” does her standing no favours. She went on to say “You’re sooo liberal, you scum bucket.” She has raised important issues but comes across sounding like someone on an internet football forum. From what I have read he has made no attempt to back up Weinstein. He did say that she had “delayed justice” when she “took a payment of $100,000 and settled her case with him. It was for Rose McGowan to prosecute that case.” I agree with him. For whatever reason people decided not to take their issues to the authorities, it has allowed this man to carry on preying on victims for years. That is not Baldwin’s fault no has he sought to mitigate Weinstein’s behaviour. He is only saying what many are thinking, that it is appalling that this has been allowed to go on so long and it is a great shame that it wasnt stopped earlier (just as with the likes of Saville etc.). Over the years lots of people have paid off others to make certain allegations go away. If you take the cash, for whatever reason, you are not helping justice to be addressed.

2 Likes

If life were as black and white as you think it is, I would absolutely be agreeing with you SOG. But it isn’t - a the circustances under which you are expecting women to stand up and complain, is not realistic. It’s petrifying. As I’ve said, in similar circumstances - I know I wouldn’t have reported it. And gone through that whole life dominanting process to be humiliated, and then be told you’re lying? No way.

And now you’re criticising the women, who is finally getting her moment of justice, for being childish? For not having the adult voice you expect her to? For getting irate with someone she’s frustrated with? Why do you think it’s such a common theme that people don’t speak up - Saville and all? Because to do so, is petrifying and shaming. And it destroys your life.

You’re putting far far to much onus on victims. You keep talking about the money - you are judging her.

1 Like

Point being, Bearsy?

xxx

I only googled to find out what you was all on about and that was what come up. I thought it was interest! Makes you wonder tho don’t it, I mean I don’t like to judge this bird harshly I only know her from banging Marilyn Manson and from being in Charmed, and yes, she was terrible in that, but the book! I mean, I ain’t read it obviously, and as I say I’d like to give her benefit of doubt, but I just have got a terrible feeling, a premonition if you like, that that book will be Terrible.

No Lou, I am not judging her. I am just agreeing with Baldwin that by doing what she did she allowed his poor behaviour to continue. Yes I agree that not everything is black and white, but surely if everyone who this man assaulted had spoke up and taken action earlier it would have stopped earlier? I said her response was childish and she could have responded in a better way. She had an adult voice previously. Why not use that? There is an onus on victims. Without victims standing up and speaking out there is no justice. And yes, it can be very difficult. Alec Baldwin cannot bring a case against Weinstein for rape. Only the victim can do that. Do you think that Baldwin was supporting Weinstein?

Sorry, sog, would it be poss to highlight which of the above statements isn’t a judgement? Because I’m struggling.

Well, yeah, just cos you’ve experienced something shit, doesn’t make you a great artist.

Judgemental
dʒʌdʒˈmɛnt(ə)l/Submit
adjective

Of or concerning the use of judgement.
“judgemental decisions about the likelihood of company survival”

Having or displaying an overly critical point of view.

“I don’t like to sound judgemental, but it was a big mistake”

synonyms: critical, fault-finding, censorious, condemnatory, disapproving, disparaging, deprecating, negative, overcritical, hypercritical, scathing; pass-remarkable

There’s a name for birds who receive money for sexual activity and it’s not “victim”. This Rose McGowan should have gone to the police , end of. She could have stopped this pervert years ago and didn’t, that’s unforgivable imo. What sort of person puts profit above justice. If I saw Weinstein forcing him self on a chick and received money to keep quiet all the sisterhood would rightly call me out, they should call out this dopey Mcgowen bird as well.

1 Like

You’re becoming a parody of yourself, Ducks.

Yeah but yeah but why didn’t she report it… Get real folks.

Upvoted Duckie by accident! Was meant to be a downvote alongside Intiniki’s!

1 Like

Something must be wrong with the world

Bearsy is concerning himself with the size of little boys Testicles.

I think in his heart of hearts Beasy is still looking for that perfect Stepford wife rip.

3 Likes

Would be ironic if a Midwich Cuckoo arrived instead in 9 months

Close but no cigar for the Bear

Ok, hands up. my comments about her childish language in her rant to Baldwin are judgemental. I dont believe anything else is other than factual. I am not saying she should have gone to the police straight away. I am saying that by not doing so I agree with Baldwin in that justice has been delayed. You didnt mention whether you thought that Baldwin was supporting Weinstien. I certainly didnt get that impression from his comments.

I worked for the CPS for 8 years, the last few as a manager to paralegal staff, some who worked for the Rape and Serious Sexual Offences team. I know only too well how difficlut it is to bring these cases to a successful prosecution. So much harder when the cases are historical because often it is just one person’s word against another. We need to remember that Weinstein has not been convicted of any crime as yet, although he has been tried on almost a daily basis in the media. McGowan has made allegations which are still to be proven. She has chosen to drag a man through the gutter in the press but gets upset when others use the media to make their own comments on the situation. She cant have it both ways and I still think her choice of words to Baldwin did her no favours. She had the choice to make a strong response but instead chose to use a childish response and, it seems to me, completely miss the point too. Read Baldwin’s comments and tell me a) if you think he was having a widdle man baby tantrum and b) if you think he was supporting Weinstein? To me he was simply stating a fact. By not going to the police earlier she has clearly “delayed justice.” There is no comment about saying what she should have done, just a comment about what the consequences of her actions (and those of many others) was. I accept it is difficult and hopefully through all of these recent allegations people will find it easier to stand up and seek proper justice for what happens to them when it happens. Not through the media, but through the proper channels.

So, still using the words “birds” and “chick” then? Perhaps the pot you have been smoking for years has totally addled your brain. What she could and should have done are not the issue here. Yes, in an ideal world she would have reported it immediately and the case would have been prosecuted properly. If you have listened to all those who have come out in the last few years and reported historical sexual abuse you will know that it has been a very traumatic and difficult experience for them. Infering that Rose McGowan is a prostitute is ridiculous. Prostitutes take money for sex. This was a pay off to keep quiet. The sisterhood might well call you out because you are a man stuck in the last century. Why would they call out one of their own when many have been through similar situations and know how difficult it is to take this stuff foward - especially against a powerful figure in Hollywood where many of them seem to be at it. The only point I agree with you is if she had reported it straight away it might well have prevented many more incidents. But I also agree with Lou in that it is not that simple.