šŸ“½ Films I have seen

Heartachingly beautiful in fact. Itā€™s like somebody morphed the Soft Bulletin into film form.

Peter Bradshaw absolutely loved the film, most critics did as well. Itā€™s a really bold thing to do and it worked.

1 Like

I havenā€™t seen Boyhood but you can bet your ass Iā€™d be watching it if Mikey had said ā€œItā€™s like somebody morphed the Soft Bulletin into film formā€. Iā€™ve just turned Dr Strange off as Iā€™m taking asleep in a post Lemsip haze. I shall continue with it tomorrow.

You can find help mate :slight_frown:

#Lemsipaddiction

To be honest itā€™s not the best "Rockumentary*, some great footage, but itā€™s a bit reverant.

Currently watching 48 Hrs for the first time in 25 years. Itā€™s great.

1 Like

Saw Fantastic beasts yesterday. Brilliant. Redmayne is fantastic and the whole atmosphere of the film is exceptional.

Cool. Taking Kid G to see this in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Sussexsaint

Saw Fantastic breasts yesterday. Brilliant. Redtube is fantastic and the whole atmosphere is exceptional.

Corrected it for you :lou_is_a_flirt:

3 Likes

I know its hardly a gritty film that makes you ponder life and its fragility, but its 2 hours of escape from the shite of the world. It seems much freer than the previous films that were somewhat contrained by the books and therefore peoples expectations. The cast as a whole is exemplary and the story is solid and opens the door to a whole new franchise. The beasts are beautifuly done and there are a lot of obviously physical props that gives the whole 20ā€™s new york feel rather steampunk. Iā€™ll go and see it again later in the week with the missus

Meh. Given JK Rowlingā€™s love for Blair and dislike of Jezza, Iā€™m inclined to wait until itā€™s available to thieve.

Either that, or wait for her first foray at adult fiction:-

Happy Plotters and the Well-Run Coup.

Sheā€™s got in her locker. Whatever else you might say about JK, sheā€™s got a tremendous imagination.

2 Likes

Watched Dads army last night. A loving homage to the great TV show, starring a much older Ian Lavender. The casting was wonderful. Gambon as Private Godfrey was inspired. Gentle, innoffensive and quintessentially British. A pleasant couple of hours.

3 Likes

Caught this at the end of last week, holy hell itā€™s good. Such a beautiful film, sublimely made and itā€™s a must see. Really, go see it. Fatso, that means you.

I got a text sent to my phone to alert me that mikey had posted on the film thread.

i will find this film and I will watch it.

3 Likes

Do we need to change your Lone Wolf badge to Enchanted Mature Cub? :lou_sunglasses:

Originally posted by @pap

Saw Fantastic beasts yesterday. Brilliant. Redmayne is fantastic and the whole atmosphere of the film is exceptional.

Meh. **Given JK Rowlingā€™s dislike of Jezza, Iā€™m inclined to wait until itā€™s available to thieve. **

Itā€™s already available to thieve via Kodi addons ā€¦ in hd quality as well, not a shit CAM copy :lou_wink:

Also, doesnā€™t everybody have a dislike of Clarkson ?

Originally posted by @pap

Meh. Given JK Rowlingā€™s love for Blair and dislike of Jezza, Iā€™m inclined to wait until itā€™s available to thieve.

Either that, or wait for her first foray at adult fiction:-

Happy Plotters and the Well-Run Coup.

Sheā€™s got in her locker. Whatever else you might say about JK, sheā€™s got a tremendous imagination.

Brilliant, not going to see a film because the writer is not left wing enough FFS!Look forward to seeing this.

Agree about Arrival, really good film. Another shout for The Prestige from a few pages back, watched it again recently, wonderful film.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Nobby-Plumbs

Brilliant, not going to see a film because the writer is not left wing enough FFS!Look forward to seeing this.

She joined up the with the Death Eaters! This is not about who gets to own the means of production!

God how I hate Sacha Baren Cohen.

The Brothers Grimsby popped up on telly this week. It is banal, offensively stereotypical grossed out school playground shit.

And I found myself laughing at it ffs.

Not much else to say really. It is utterly stupid, even the taking the piss out of Raheem Stirling is so moronically offensive. And I laughed.

Those who havenā€™t seen this wouldnā€™t understand why some people may gross out next time they see an Elephant in a David Attenborough show.

Wrong nasty poor cheap tacky shit. And I laughed like a donkey

1 Like