Films you want to see happen?

Hollyoaks is often over looked in these discussions but lest we forget…

3 Likes

Do you mean Carry on Sawing?

“Oooh, Matron!”

1 Like

I’m also still waiting for Re-animator part 4.

The Sopranos. Filling the power vacuum caused by Tony’s death.

2 Likes

Debbie does captaintim

…or did he not die?

He’s apparently working on a new Alien film that ignores Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, a la Jurassic World. Considering how underwhelming Elysium and Chappie were I’m not holding out any hope for it. I would like to see another Alien film though, but one that gets back to its horror roots, directed by someone like Ti West.

1 Like

Originally posted by @Won-Ton

He’s apparently working on a new Alien film that ignores Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, a la Jurassic World. Considering how underwhelming Elysium and Chappie were I’m not holding out any hope for it. I would like to see another Alien film though, but one that gets back to its horror roots, directed by someone like Ti West.

Ah, I’d forgotten about that. That’s actually worthy of an entry in itself. I watched a new cut of Alien 3 recently. It isn’t a terrible film, but there is no doubt that it was the wrong film after Aliens. In turn, Resurrection, which must have seemed like a great return to form, on paper at least, never quite had the right tone. It’s probably because they got wise-crackin’ Whedon to write the script.

I’d love to see the new Aliens film travel down the road taken by the Dark Horse comics, which initially saw Ripley, Newt and Hicks as the main protagonists. Weirdly enough, after Alien3 was released, they went back through the comics and renamed the characters to keep them out of Alien3 continuity. That was worth doing…

I would like to see a sequel to It’s a Wonderful Life set in the 60s to see how poor George Bailey coped when Potter finally bought up the whole of Bedford Falls, Mary became Potter’s sex slave, Zuzu lost her petals to the college campus basketball team, Pete got sent to Vietnam, Tommy became a psychedelic drug-crazed hippie and there was no 15th century angel called Clarence around to sort out all this shit

3 Likes

I did. Tony Bellew the scouse cruiserweight boxer is appearing in it.

I watched Inside Out via *perfectly legal sources* + it was really, really good. I love pixars! I would prob be OK with watching Inside Out 2 & Inside Out 3 ASAP.

I’d like to see a fourth Godfather - Tracking how Andy Garcia’s character got on

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @Sadoldgit

The Sopranos. Filling the power vacuum caused by Tony’s death.

…or did he not die?

Maybe not in the series…but in real life he is goen so they could say that he did!

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Rust-Cohle

I did. Tony Bellew the scouse cruiserweight boxer is appearing in it.

I’m really looking forward to it. I have always been a fan of the Rocky movies, but long thought them massively unrealistic on account of no-one blocking too much, attuned to modern fights as I was. Ok, they are unrealistic, but I’ve seen a few more classic fights since watching those movies, including the Ali vs Foreman fight. The fighting style is entirely valid based on some of the inspiration (which goes even further back than Ali), so I’m less harsh on that aspect of the movies.

I’m a big, if considered fan of the series. The first is definitely the best cinematically, the second packs the most emotional punch, kitchen sink as it is for much of the movie. Third film is critically underrated, I reckon. It’s a very lean film (deliberately so after the second, I reckon), but it still packs a lot of emotion and movement into the Rocky universe. Micky dies, Apollo takes over, Pauly is a giant fucking racist. Relationships are built and we learn things (pipe down, Furball - Pauly is just misguided man of his time).

Rocky IV is a wonderful relic of its day. Superb piece of propaganda. The hardworking American versus the drug-enhanced cheatin’ Ivan. “If he dies, he dies!”. Saying all that though, that’s quite a speech Rocky gives at the end. I’m not entirely sure it didn’t pave the way for perestroika :laughing:

Looking forward to Creed.

That’s a nice try pap, but I don’t think anything can top Spudders huge excitement & expectations for “Bad Boys 3” ffs.

I never even looked forward to Bad Boys 2, FFS. The first was alright, but thought it’d probably end up being more of the same. Plus, that Will Smith does my head in. He’s the poster boy for utter mediocrity meeting mainstream commercial success.

He was good in Enemy of the State though. And while we’re on Tony Scott movies, how about Man on Fire 2, but with less pussyfooting around with the violence?

Not a film but I could happily watch another 4 or 5 seasons of Deadwood.

Good thoughts that Furball, have you read any of the books (A J Quinnell (I think) they are out of print now, but on Kindle) very good. Have to say, I reckon book Creasey could easily take Reacher.

How about a remake of “Last of the Summer Wine”?