Finsbury Park van attack

What is the correlation between immigration and the Islamic faith? They’re two very distinct conversations.

They are two very different conversations that are brought together everyday in some tabloids - along with Strictly, cancer scares, racing results and nightclubbing celebrities.

If this had been a Muslim-led attack, I suspect @barry-sanchez would already be generalising about what it is we can learn ab0ut the wider Muslim community on the basis of this action.

I’m sitting with baited breath waiting for the generalisations on what exactly it is that is wrong with White Europeans*.

* I am not holding said breath.

3 Likes

I don’t want to see the social media reports on this. I’m afraid that I’ll end up blocking people, because you just know, there will be those out there celebrating this attack.

Not sure - the Manchester chap had links with ISIS according to the French

Abedi has “proven” links with Islamic State, according to France’s interior minister.

Gerard Collomb told French television that both British and French intelligence services had information that Abedi had been in Syria.

Mr Collomb said: "All of a sudden he travelled to Libya and then most likely to Syria, became radicalised and decided to commit this attack.

Anyway, this is semantics. All that matters are the poor sods caught up in this.

1 Like

It is one lone nutter (like the first bridge attack bloke), but one that’s part of a larger group of nutters called “Islamaphobes”. Unfortunately, due to the racist nature of people in this country there are a large number of islamaphobes that post on forums/Twitter with their intolerance and hatred. Hopefully we will start tracking these sick cunts and start locking them up the same way we do with Islamist extremists.

Luckily there are sites like Tell Mama, that I have used to report people to, that will hopefully be used by the authorities to track and arrest others that plan these sort of attacks.

It’s more than semantics, @cb-saint .

There are actually separate legal tracks for terrorism. A murderer gets a trial automatically. A terrorist does not.

I think it is important that we don’t class a lone nutter killing people in what he believes is the name of Islam, as a terrorist, but then class a lone nutter shouting ‘I want to kill all muslims’, differently.

They are both murderers who have committed terror offences, they need to be described as such.

3 Likes

It’s a tricky one, I think. A one off attack like this surely isn’t terrorism? I think terrorism is an orchestrated campaign of fear. If this bellend has acted alone in some twisted revenge attack then I’m not sure it is terrorism. It’s all a bit complicated. If we start to see more of these type of attacks then it’s terrorism… the goal of instilling fear in the Muslim community and driving people apart. Right now i think id rather believe this is just a cunt of some sort. I grow more and more confused by the world. Why are there so many twats about?

10 Likes

That’s a good point.

1 Like

The police and Home Office have classed this as a terror attack.

The Sun has classed it as a Revenge Attack.

There are beaches full of tits today, there is no reason to buy The Sun.

3 Likes

You presume too much son, fascists do that.

Fair enough - i stand corrected

1 Like

Daily Mail call him ‘white van driver’. No idea if that’s his vehicle or skin colour; or both?

Cunts.

Surely it doesn’t matter if you are a member of a terrorist organisation or not. If you commit an act of terror against an individual or a group of people, then you are a terrorist, irrespective of where you get your hateful ideology from?

Unfortunately, it’s the logical conclusion for the easily led and deranged, but in this case it’s manifested from the rancid elements of the right wing press and from shitcunts like Hopkins, Robinson, etc.

It’s as barbaric as other terrorist offences in this Country and should be dealt with exactly the same way, except this time, they’ve got the bastard that did it.

4 Likes

If he says that he was motivated by the teachings of the Bible is directly quoted as reciting a passage from it prior to the attack then he will be.

I don’t think just being white British is enough though.

Given that there’s already a point of view that the media won’t call white attackers ‘terrorists’ (my main group of mates is exclusively non-white so bore my to tears on this point), I’d argue that it would be sensible if the media made no bones about calling him a terrorist.

Any effort to avoid the word isn’t being well-received to say the least.

well in my opinion the females are just not as accommodating as the African, Asian or South American variety.

Hopefully this is a one off incident, but if not, will we see the police adopt a shoot to kill policy with these nutters too I wonder?