Forster stats

Leave him alone. He’s a lovable lthough slightly clumsy giant.

1 Like

Or is that Forster?

Who, fatsod or Fraser?

Originally posted by @Lets-B-Drinking

Originally posted by @Fatso

I don’t really understand that post. I suspect you’re saying I’m not right but I don’t really understand the point you’re making.

SINCE THE ENGLAND GAME, SAINTS HAVE PLAYED 5 TIMES.

HTH

you seem very angry about something. Not quite sure what though. By the way, I’m referring to the withdrawal at the start of Sept.

You didnt specify. He dropped ou last month as well.

Only angry with shit internet connection and broken Sky Box

Can’t we all be friends and when I say friends, I mean watch my youtube vids

2 Likes

I’m with Bletch on this. The same people that think Forster is the bollocks thought that Stek was dogshit. Stek wasn’t dogshit he was fucking good.

Stek was an odd one, at times he looked really confident collecting crosses and bossing the area.

Then he went through a phase where he was beaten by every bloody shot on goal.

Often they went in off woodwork or were beyond his reach, he looked unlucky - and that is the last trait you want in your keeper.

Completely disagree with most one here. Goalkeepers at Southampton and many clubs get the flak. Jones used to get so much and again he was a great keeper.

Fraser is one of the best keepers in the premier league without a doubt. It was no coincidence that last season we were in the shit, leaking goals all over the place, then he came back from long term injury and we kept a clean sheet and won a game. We then went on to keep many clean sheets. I don’t think you can under estimate the amount of communication and the relationship he has organising the back 4. I sees things ahead of him and reads the game very well. This is something that most fans will not see, but he makes/helps the unit work. It is all part of the bigger picture, so when people see him letting goals in, it is easy to point the finger.

Also it has not been any coincidence that we have been shipping more goals when perhaps he has been trying to work on other parts of his game, coming out for crosses and being more demanding in and around the box. There are many ways that you can be a great keeper, so perhaps he should stick to his line, shot stop and start the build up play and most importantly instructing his defence.

Love you Fraser x

2 Likes

I kind of see what you’re saying Sfcsim, but the opta stats (I know, I know, stats are bullshit etc.) are aiming to filter out any other issues, like problems with the defence in front of keepers, etc. and focus instead on ‘shots the keeper should have saved’ (how they work that out I have no idea!).

For what it’s worth, I think Forster is a very good keeper, but needs to work on commanding his area and coming for crosses (which he definitely did do against Arsenal). I also think he’s generally gone off the boil a little recently, but maybe that’s due to the reasons you highlight, i.e. him concentrating too much on other elements of his game, or maybe he’s carrying an injury, or maybe (and this is probably the reason I’d go for) he isn’t being pushed hard enough by the keepers behind him in the pecking order.

Think Les Reed said it best:

‘Fraser is performing at the perfect level for this football club. If he was 3-star, he wouldn’t be good enough. If he was 5-star, I’d sell him to Liverpool. But he’s Forster, and that’s just right.’

3 Likes

Oh and he would go to an English club, but the big boys do not trust English keepers! I think the England international set up and the fact England are crap has a negative impact on most players, but keepers even more so!

They were great in the 80’s, system addict was their best song IMHO.

Interesting blog article from Fresh Saints about Forster’s dip in performance from last year.

(first article below)

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Blogs – Fresh Saints

New content from (- Blogs – Fresh Saints)

| Fraser Forster: questions need to be asked and answered | On the 13th of January 2016 the chant of “Fraser Forster, England’s number one” was being bellowed from all corners … 29-12-2016 |

Older content…

| Thoughts on the 2016/17 season so far9 days ago |
| Jose Fonte: the subject of Southampton’s latest transfer saga?23 days ago |
| The recent restoration of Southampton’s identitya month ago |
| Academy watch: Sam Gallagher at Blackburn Roversa month ago |
| Podcast: Southampton vs Liverpool fan reactiona month ago |
| Where do Southampton need to improve in the upcoming transfer window?a month ago |
| Podcast: Southampton vs Liverpool previewa month ago |
| Supporting Southampton from across the pond2 months ago |
| The contradictory demands of loyalty from football fans2 months ago |

…comparatively contrived by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

The only thing he saved the other night was the slab of turf that Kane hilariously shinned towards him as the ball sailed over Mount Pleasant.

2 Likes

I have felt over recent weeks that from a shot stopping point of view he has not saved us too many points. He has had a run of perfomances like Stekelenburg had where he was a bystander and let everything past him (that game against Liverpool last year…). Admittedly they both faced a lot of ‘worldy’ shots also.

However, I feel he should have saved Ake’s goal against Bournemouth and perhaps done better (especially Alli’s 2nd) for Tottenham’s 3rd and 4th goals, although that is perhaps a bit harsh. The issue for me is that I KNEW both of those goals were going to be goals before they even took the shots. I remember it being more of a 50/50 back in the Antti Niemi days! I also personally think that he should be more aggressive when the ball is in the air. The guy is an absolute unit, more like a prop forward, and should be scaring shit out of people when he comes charging out to claim.

He just looks a bit low on confidence, probably since his Palace gaff and the apprehension in the crowd every time he receives a back pass. He can be his own worts enemy at times though when it comes to his kicking… why not take a touch? Even when he has time he still wants to hit it first time. I would be coaching that shit out of him.

Overall I rate him, I just think he needs to make a cracking, points winning save and get a resulting pat on the back for his confidence.

3 Likes

I didn’t see the point of people cheering him when he kicked straight the other night.

Taking the piss out of your own keeper during a game is the road to Fuckwitville - even if you are thinking it.

Even Barry only celebrates away wins by calling the players inbred cunts behind their backs.

3 Likes

Precisely. These fucktards are probably oblivious to the concept of ‘counter productivity’.

Put the fucker up front is what I say

3 Likes

He was aiming at the near post

4 Likes